Where do I go from here?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Where do I go from here?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:41 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ovenbakedbread
    Participant
    September 11, 2015 at 4:26 pm #85337
    Where do I go from here?

So I am in college and there’s this guy that I met very briefly. The situation is weird- we actually have each other’s numbers but I feel like it would be weird to contact him out of the blue. We don’t have any classes together but we do live in the same dorm building. He’s always in the study lounge so that is probably my best bet at seeing him again. He’s really cute and super sweet but I am just an awkward geek. I don’t know how I’d go about starting up conversation with him and getting to know him better. Advice?

Goodfello86
    Participant
    September 11, 2015 at 7:12 pm #85338

Well if he is in the study lounge doing some homework, maybe you can use that as an ice breaker. If he is doing work for a class that you have had before or are taking at the moment, start the conversation with that. You can make a joke about the class to make the conversation relaxing if you can. Then just take it from there, and see if you can get him to talk more about himself.

bruck
    Participant
    September 14, 2015 at 1:12 am #85359

Confidence is key. Always be confident and just talk about random topics such as how his year is going or ask his major. What classes he has and how they are going or if he has a job, what he likes to do in his free time, etc.

atomicommandude
    Participant
    September 14, 2015 at 4:01 am #85374

Any guy will appreciate the attention that a lady gives him. Remember these, “closed mouths do not eat.”, and ,”you miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.”
    I recommend that you charge yourself up with a confident and positive mindset beforehand, get in their and greet him kindly, and just talk about what he is doing or the advice given about conversation from the above commentators. If he likes you, you will surely know because most guys chase the girl once they see the green light. He may have not texted you yet because he is actually busy with his school life and stuff, or perhaps he is nervous as well.
    best of luck!