Where should a guy start to find "the one"?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:03 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

YoungMario
    YoungMario
    Participant
    September 30, 2014 at 3:32 pm #65106

I wonder where should a guy start to find “the one” after he’s had many set backs, disappointments and breakups?

Anonymous
    October 1, 2014 at 6:59 am #65137

Start with those nearest and dearest to you how well do you know your friends and is there a possibility of romance blossoming? Or how about meeting new faces at work or in clubs. Don’t go searching for ‘the one’ just look for friendship with the possibility of romance, take the pressure off of yourself.

YoungMario
    YoungMario
    Participant
    October 2, 2014 at 9:04 am #65163

Thanks

yongnato
    yongnato
    Participant
    October 2, 2014 at 9:04 am #65201

Agreed, Don’t look for one.. but rather find one by looking at people around you… sometimes by making so much effort to look for one, you actually oversee “the one” that is always there for you. you might end up disappointing them and maybe letting that one person who actually cared for you move on.

Quality over quantity, Personality over Physics… I’ve once dated hot girl who actually cheated me and dumped me.. in my depressed moment, I overlooked one girl that actually cared for me, one who is always there for me. even thought she is very average. I actually tried to get back with this hot girl who treated me like trash, later on in life I finally realized who loved me and now I’m happily in relationship with this average girl.

My point is, there might be someone who care for you, but you overlooked her because of her average appearance. so you have to slow down, and start to look at people around you.

Hope this helped. 🙂

YoungMario
    YoungMario
    Participant
    October 2, 2014 at 10:03 am #65230

Great point of view yongnato and a lot of wisdom in your comments. I happen to have experienced similar experiences in my past. Thank you.

yongnato
    yongnato
    Participant
    October 2, 2014 at 11:06 am #65232

glad to help buddy… don’t mention it… 🙂

PeaceJoyHappiness25
    Participant
    October 6, 2014 at 8:10 pm #65382

I know it sounds silly but what How I Met Your Mother suggested actually worked for me. Just stop looking for that girl. Just focus on your career or a hobby, and suddenly people start showing up, and then you can eventually pick out one instead of searching for a needle in a haystack, and its very possible that one of those people who show up could be the one…GOOD LUCK!

YoungMario
    YoungMario
    Participant
    October 7, 2014 at 2:52 pm #65431

Thks PJH!