Where To Meet Gay Men

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Where To Meet Gay Men

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:50 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

C. Price
    C. Price
    Participant
    October 24, 2012 at 3:05 pm #15501
    Where To Meet Gay Men

At a nightclub? On a Blind Date? Can’t be that hard, right?

KrispyPorter
    Participant
    October 31, 2012 at 2:12 pm #15751

Since I work at a bar, I get to meet a lot of really cute guys. Most of them turn out to be jerks. You can almost never trust men you meet at bars. Straight or gay, they always seem to have the same kind of attitude. I’ve seen it happen to plenty of people.

chipdip
    Participant
    November 15, 2012 at 11:04 am #16245

KrispyPorter wrote:Since I work at a bar, I get to meet a lot of really cute guys. Most of them turn out to be jerks. You can almost never trust men you meet at bars. Straight or gay, they always seem to have the same kind of attitude. I’ve seen it happen to plenty of people.

Eh, I think it’s hit or miss. You have loud music, drunk people, in most cases a smokey atmosphere.
    I would say anywhere you would feel most comfortable in. I met a guy I dated for a year at an backyard poolhall. It was casual, some people were drinking, playing games, and most socializing. I wouldn’t suggest a cluttered place.

chris_08
    chris_08
    Participant
    November 20, 2012 at 10:50 am #16768

chipdip wrote:

Eh, I think it’s hit or miss. You have loud music, drunk people, in most cases a smokey atmosphere.
    I would say anywhere you would feel most comfortable in. I met a guy I dated for a year at an backyard poolhall. It was casual, some people were drinking, playing games, and most socializing. I wouldn’t suggest a cluttered place.

Yea, I wouldn’t recommend a busy place either. The only way to see if you’re going to hit it off is with good conversation.

WiseOnWhiskey
    WiseOnWhiskey
    Participant
    November 21, 2012 at 3:52 pm #17055

I met one of my ex boyfriends at a church. Well, it was after a mass but it was a social setting where we could mingle with each other. I was surprised to find another gay man but we were discrete about our flirting and exchanged numbers before we left.

BlockBurger34
    BlockBurger34
    Participant
    November 26, 2012 at 6:24 pm #17261

I was surprised to find another gay man

me too, bud. I would think church would be the last place you’d find anything except guilt. And maybe a staph infection.

Anonymous
    December 3, 2012 at 1:09 pm #17972

I met one of my ex boyfriends at a church. Well, it was after a mass but it was a social setting where we could mingle with each other. I was surprised to find another gay man but we were discrete about our flirting and exchanged numbers before we left.

I bet that could’ve ended badly in front of church-goers if you practice a more traditional religion. Good for you!

WiseOnWhiskey
    WiseOnWhiskey
    Participant
    December 4, 2012 at 3:51 pm #18112

It was definitely an awkward situation at first. At the time we thought we were in some alternate universe for us to have met at a church but we both agree to try and get to know each other elsewhere. After the social, we were able to make our own plans and hang out. Worked out, for the most part 🙄

who knew_56
    who knew_56
    Participant
    December 10, 2012 at 4:06 pm #18516

I met a guy at at recent thanksgiving get together. It was a coworker + guest potluck and I met a “guest.” It was a pretty cool set up, we’ve text back and forth and our mutual friend has been pretty supportive about us hanging out!

CalvinLevi
    CalvinLevi
    Participant
    February 14, 2013 at 12:56 pm #22761
    Reply To: Where To Meet Gay Men

I recently had some luck meeting new guys using a dating app and then dabbin into a dating site. I actually compared the two and found a few of the guys were on both of them, like me.