Where to Meet Other Seniors

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:40 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

C. Price
    C. Price
    Participant
    October 24, 2012 at 3:08 pm #15506

You’ve lost touch with some old classmates and your coupled-friends aren’t mingling as much nowadays, so where do you meet a potential mate?

smashingpumpkins
    smashingpumpkins
    Participant
    October 25, 2012 at 9:03 pm #15515

Throughout my travels in my later years I’ve found it a bit easier to meet people outside of my scope of friends. Moving to California definitely helped…

chris_08
    chris_08
    Participant
    October 25, 2012 at 9:15 pm #15542

I agree with you my friend. It takes a little effort from both ends, nobody will just appear before you.

fard
    fard
    Participant
    November 5, 2012 at 4:53 pm #15799

I’ve had the best luck with some online dating sites. I did meet a wonderful woman in the most cliche situation-running into her at the grocery line- so it can be a hit or miss kind of thing.

capers
    capers
    Participant
    November 16, 2012 at 10:22 am #16421

chris_08 wrote:I agree with you my friend. It takes a little effort from both ends, nobody will just appear before you.

This is true, a lot of women expect men to continue to pursue them because it’s a “traditional” mindset. I however, don’t see why after 40+ years I should have to still ask a woman to join me for lunch when she could easily do the same.

Taylor55
    Taylor55
    Participant
    November 21, 2012 at 5:17 pm #17089

You really do have to force yourself into a group of people your age so you meet someone. You can’t expect to always run into someone. I think it’s a lot more intimidating for seniors to leave the house or try to do an online profile. Instead, it’s easier to stay in and hide 😳

englishsunset
    Participant
    November 27, 2012 at 7:30 pm #17417

Anywhere! Libraries, concerts, hiking clubs, house concerts, music jams, grocery stores, book stores, cross country skiing spots, sporting events and lots more.

whatno
    whatno
    Participant
    November 30, 2012 at 5:32 am #17730

These are all great tips.

One that shouldn’t be left out is the fact that you can meet a potential date at a place of employment. I understand that some seniors aren’t employed anymore, but for the ones who are – it’s a great way to meet people. Besides meeting people you work with, if the industry you’re working in allows for interaction with customers – than it’s a great way to meet them as well.

Taylor55
    Taylor55
    Participant
    November 30, 2012 at 3:37 pm #17855

These are all great tips.

One that shouldn’t be left out is the fact that you can meet a potential date at a place of employment. I understand that some seniors aren’t employed anymore, but for the ones who are – it’s a great way to meet people. Besides meeting people you work with, if the industry you’re working in allows for interaction with customers – than it’s a great way to meet them as well.

I’d agree with you with a “sometimes” a lot of employment places are strict about meeting others in a romantic way. Plus, I don’t think a lot of times an office romance ends very well (for the other coworkers and employers etc.)

robb432
    robb432
    Participant
    December 5, 2012 at 3:33 pm #18220
    Reply To: Where to Meet Other Seniors

I’ve recently noticed a chance to meet women is while shopping. Groceries, clothes, for the home. Women are CONSTANTLY shopping and it seems silly but going to the mall might work out for the best if you look at it as an opportunity to meet women!

tony34
    Participant
    December 7, 2012 at 11:23 am #18386

Meeting outdoors is nice, so at the grocery store, during a niece or nephews sports game. You won’ find me at a club or bar past 8 pm

C. Price
    C. Price
    Participant
    December 17, 2012 at 4:09 pm #18955

These are all great ideas, everyone! Keep the ideas coming!

NewtIsaac
    Participant
    February 18, 2013 at 12:42 pm #22897

When the summer strolls through and there are holidays or kids’ birthday’s, there’s a lot of opportunity to meet parents or grandparents our age. It’s a normal social setting with less pressure. You can talk about your kids or nephews and ramble on under the sun.

zigzag007
    Participant
    March 19, 2013 at 5:34 am #26171

My aunt meet her new husband at church.

C. Price
    C. Price
    Participant
    March 19, 2013 at 11:49 am #26217

My aunt meet her new husband at church.

That’s wonderful! Generally, you can find someone in a local community with similar interests like at a church, a farmer’s market or even a community sports rec center. Thanks for sharing 🙂

1 2