DATING ADVICE FORUM

Whether to make contact again?

Author
    Comments

• bumbletown88
    Participant
    July 11, 2017 at 2:35 pm #141739
    Whether to make contact again?

Hi, I was seeing a girl the end of last year. It was the second time we’ve dated (a year earlier she went travelling). She made contact with me again. We hung out quite a lot and I definitely liked this girl and I knew that she enjoyed hanging out. Nothing really ever got romantic, not from fault of not trying, it just didn’t happen. Its been ages now since we’ve spoken and things kind of just fizzled out and after a bereavement my end so the timing wasn’t ideal. I’m thinking about messaging her again as I’m sure she definitely was interested in me at some point but I just can’t really work out what happened. I know its probably a long shot as I’ve heard she is starting to date again but I at least wanted to tell her how I felt about her as I didn’t do this before. I know things like this happen but she’s just majorly got under my skin and feel I need some sort of closure in it, good or bad. Just wanted to see what anyone thought about it…..

DatingTakeTwo
    DatingTakeTwo
    Participant
    July 12, 2017 at 9:39 am #141775

Is there a reason why you are wanting to contact her after all these years? Would you say the feelings for her have never gone away? It sounds like the timing in your situation is simply off. I think it wouldn’t hurt to share your past feelings about her since it has been hard to shake it off. Sometimes we as humans need to get rid of emotions and thoughts that we’ve been carrying around with us. I do think you need to be clear with your intention of why you want to make this contact. If you’re hoping to rekindle something then let that be know, but if it is simply to clear the air around you then you need to tell her that you just needed her to know that. I think for your sake it would be good to free yourself from the situation, but just keep in mind the possible ripple affects of this act of telling. Goodluck to you!

bumbletown88
    Participant
    July 13, 2017 at 7:42 am #141961

Hey, thanks for the comment. No i don’t think my feelings have gone away. I have been single for a while and dated lots of people but that was just something different about her. Yeah the timing wasn’t great in the end. Yeah I think I should contact her again and I would be clear about my intentions. Yes agreed I do need to free myself from it and at least get some sort of closure. Thanks for the advice.