Whirlwind romance ended too soon.

• Oswin
    September 1, 2016 at 4:08 am #110317

After a recent break up, I met a guy at a pub. He gave me his number and asked me out. Over the week we talked everyday and he took every opportunity to see me even if only for 5 minutes. He told all his friends and family about me and was smitten. I explained my situation, and he said he didn’t want to be a rebound, he wanted it to be permanent with me, so he took sex off the table so we could take things slow. He built me up until I started to let my guard down and trust him. He told me he had fallen in love with me. He stayed over the next night, we made out but didn’t have sex. He intentionally left his charger and toothbrush for the next time he stayed.
    Two days later he has ended it.
    I met him through my male friends who are part of a club, and he wants to join the club. Since they know my ex he is worried about conflict. He said he is unable to focus on both and since he met them first that’s his priority.
    Is there any way I can attract him back and get him to reconsider?

September 1, 2016 at 4:13 am #110318

For once I don’t feel like I have been played, he was very honest and spoke to me in person about it. I think he let his guard down and got scared, especially since he is trying to impress this group of guys and is being all macho around them (as guys do), which is not the side I saw of him at all. I think he didn’t want them to see that side that he let out around me.
    Since then he has told me he thinks saying he loved me was because we were both just caught up in the intensity of it. He wants to be friends but when I saw him with my friends last night he barely even looked at me and didn’t say hi.
    I felt like I had met the one when I met him, as much as I didn’t want to have because of my recent break up. If there is anyway of getting him to want to date me again or show he is still interested, please let me know