Why?!?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Why?!?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:37 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

aznrice711
    Participant
    May 5, 2014 at 9:15 am #52178
    Why?!?

I recently fell for a girl at work. About a couple months ago, I ‘think’ she showed me signs of her being interested in me, and these signs include: Smiling at me brightly whenever she said hi to me, not able to maintain eye contact with me, staring at me when I’m not looking at her, making excuses to touch me more so than normal, laughing at every little thing I’ve said, telling me her personal stories when I hadn’t even asked.
    However, just recently, she started to show mixed signs: Giving me cold responses, avoiding me, no longer sharing her stories, no longer touching me at ALL, generally feeling more distant than normal, whenever I had asked what was wrong, she would give me a ‘I don’t know’. Knowing that she liked me at SOME POINT, I confessed to her and got an odd rejection. Instead of getting a ‘no’, she told me not to like her. Why? Why not just say no or tell me that she only sees me as a friend? Why tell me not to like her? Was this girl playing around or…?!

mlh402
    Participant
    May 5, 2014 at 11:55 am #52183

It may be that something happened in her personal life. It sounds like something happened that made her feel badly about herself for some reason, so maybe she doesn’t think she deserves for anyone to like her? I’ve felt this way from time to time, and it seems like this to me. Maybe give her some time and don’t avoid her or anything. Try to be normal and see if you feel that she is warming up to you again over time.

xoli
    Participant
    May 5, 2014 at 4:11 pm #52221

It may be that she expected you to behave in a certain way and you unfortunately did not meet that standard. Our language of love is different after all. Sorry to hear about this. Maybe try to be friends with her to understand her better.

has887
    Participant
    May 5, 2014 at 6:00 pm #52233

She seeing some else

aznrice711
    Participant
    May 6, 2014 at 8:17 am #52179

So I proceeded to confess my feelings to her, because I was sure that she was into me at SOME point. However, instead of rejecting me with a ‘no’, she instead told me to ‘not like her’… when I asked her why, she told me again that she didn’t know. At this point, I’m very confused… before when I was rejected by any girl, they would usually say things like ‘sorry, I only see you as friends’, or just ‘no’. Why show me these signs, then turn cold and when I confessed, tell me not to like her?

Anonymous
    May 6, 2014 at 8:03 pm #52333

Perhaps she’s just not that into you. Find a girl that you won’t have to play second fiddle too. I’m sure you’re a catch, look at you, you have a job, a steady income, go out there and meet someone else.

Best of luck.

johnbob788
    Participant
    May 6, 2014 at 9:02 pm #52336

Find someone that sees you as boyfriend material.

katelyn441
    Participant
    May 6, 2014 at 11:33 pm #52339

Some people believe in not dating co-workers.