Why a girl not responding to text after great conversation ?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 1:59 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Blueocean
    Participant
    September 5, 2015 at 4:37 am #85142

Hi, I met a girl in her late 30s, (so I am) at one of social events. We both live in another country away from our homes as expats. We met 3 times and each time we had very good, intense and connected conversation on many varied topics, except for our past relationships. No one brought out this topic. Many of our interests, academic backgrounds, goals seem to match. Cultures are different – I am Indian, she is Romanian.

Event website portal is the only way to communicate. She responded to couple of my messages after the first meeting, but after that she never did though we met at the events. On our third meeting at musical concert which she herself suggested, she departed quickly as soon as it finished. On her birthday I composed a flowery message and posted on portal but no reply. This made me bit worried and anxious.

Did I offend her by posting a special birthday wish ? Did I look desperate ? Could she be feeling the same way I do ? What should I do next not to loose her ?

kivahoney
    Participant
    September 5, 2015 at 11:05 am #85147

What have you actually done at the concert??
    If still no reply, then let it go 🙁

Blueocean
    Participant
    September 5, 2015 at 1:08 pm #85150

We spoke for a while before concert, mostly on the music. In fact she herself started this topic. We just had a wine while listening. After it finished, she discussed about which type of music was better and which one she liked etc etc. After that we stepped out and I asked if she had dinner, she said yes and asked me back. I simply said that I would go. In the reply she said she would go home. After two days I dropped her birthday message which she did not return. At least on the face I was not very direct about pursuing relationship forward. Not sure if she got offended.

Cheers !!

LaRoy
    Participant
    September 5, 2015 at 4:40 pm #85155

maybe she wasn’t so confident about being with someone who she can’t see very often

Blueocean
    Participant
    September 8, 2015 at 11:39 am #85169

Any tips if she shows up again for similar events face to face ? Should I wait for her to approach or I initiate ?

Kmojo2
    Participant
    September 8, 2015 at 5:55 pm #85294

just give it some time first.