WHY CAN'T MEN JUST BE HONEST FOR ONCE???

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments

• mysticfemale12
    Participant
    August 26, 2016 at 12:35 pm #109737

so my guy friend is engaged, he is 42, im 32 but I didn’t know this until after I asked him out and nothing occurred so I backed off and did some research ….. I don’t know what the reason for him lying to me was, he has known me forever and we can talk about anything and I told him that and then I said ud make a good guy best friend and then he says, that’s all we are? looking confused, I said yes, that was your decision, not mine….remember when I asked u out and then he stared at me and said yeah don’t let that get you down…I said im not and till this day, he still gets jealous if men chit chat with me, he picks on my daily, teases me, if im out he’ll walk alongside me etc..one day out of the sky blue he says you deserve better while I was eating, and I asked what do you mean? he then said I deserve better than the taco dinner I was eating….I don’t think he was talking about the food, I think he meant himself….why cant men be honest about having a g/f?

mysticfemale12
    Participant
    August 26, 2016 at 12:43 pm #109740

there’s been times he will invite me to his office, I don’t go of course no matter the temptation…..there’s been times he will just stare at me with hurt…I ask can I help u, he says no….and walks away, there was even a time where he gave me a shoulder massage and or he will play with my hair…if this woman and him are really together, then why act that way towards me if he has no feelings for me nor wants me?

August 26, 2016 at 2:56 pm #109750

Sounds like your Guy friend needs to grow some cojones… And as for you let it go. Don’t become the “surrogate girlfriend”. He’s right when he said “you deserve better”. You do. Better than him.

jennyclark7
    Participant
    August 29, 2016 at 2:57 am #109812

He probably does want you and has feelings for you but wants to stay with his fiancee at the same time, he seems to like to be the one in control and powerful and not care too much about how you feel, he justs wants to feel important, you should move on, just keep this guy as an occasional buddy at best seems like a but of a douche

mysticfemale12
    Participant
    August 29, 2016 at 1:56 pm #109840

u r right, im going to move on….at least I have eye candy to look at daily makes my day go by a lot faster!!! thx

mysticfemale12
    Participant
    August 29, 2016 at 1:58 pm #109841

I don’t want to be on an episode of cheaters….so ill keep It movin

boopdop
    Participant
    August 30, 2016 at 2:36 pm #109982

I would argue that human isn’t a man. He should really find some maturity and the fact that he insults you, just No. Kick him to the curb.

mysticfemale12
    Participant
    August 31, 2016 at 11:45 am #110149

u have a valid point boopdop….askin me to his office is insulting…he doesn’t know I know he has a fiancée…ive known this info for about two years now, but I never confronted him about it, cuz I don’t want him to see me as some kind of stalker…im just a chic who does her research when a guy flirts with me etc…..there are times he will massage my shoulders, or poke me playfully…I guess i need to stop engaging the behavior….honestly I don’t have time for games and broken hearts…..and folks wonder why im still single….

mysticfemale12
    Participant
    August 31, 2016 at 11:46 am #110151

my family thinks ive opened up pandoras box …..he was doing this before I found out he had a woman….which there was no reason to withhold that info, unless u had something up your sleeve..u all are right, time to find another guy friend with a brain and morals.

mysticfemale12
    Participant
    August 31, 2016 at 11:47 am #110154
    Reply To: WHY CAN'T MEN JUST BE HONEST FOR ONCE???

its gonna be hard to back away, ive know him for so long and we always talk…but I don’t know how to tell him, hey I heard you had a fiancée … I think that is kinda bold to say that seeing that he never asked me on a date or anything…..

mysticfemale12
    Participant
    August 31, 2016 at 11:48 am #110155

we are just friends

mysticfemale12
    Participant
    August 31, 2016 at 12:24 pm #110171

I know he just wants to screw me, but that’ll never happen…my fam was like well if you keep this bs up u gon end up doing something u may regret ….I was told I need to let this friendship go…but I don’t know how to say hey I know about her and I don’t think its a good idea for us to continue this “friendship” ….. I don’t wanna hurt his feelings…but I know if he cared about my feelings he woulda been honest from the jump…ugh this sucks

mysticfemale12
    Participant
    August 31, 2016 at 12:28 pm #110175

my fam says im an infidel….yet I haven’t done anything with him sexually….but im engaging in touchy feely stuff, like he’ll poke me, massage my shoulders if he hasn’t seen me in a while etc….