Why did he disappear when everything was great?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:46 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

almamatters
    Participant
    June 4, 2014 at 10:57 am #54423

I started talking to and seeing somebody recently. We hit it off immediately and became quite close fast. We talked on the phone for hours every night and had great chemistry in person as well.

He seemed to worship me and showered me in compliments daily. He constantly told me how beautiful I am, how much of a good heart and soul I have, that he is so blessed to have me in his life, he is so lucky to have me and other things of that sort. He referred to me as his lady once or twice.

On Saturday we were in the middle of making plans to spend the day together. He proposed it. He said he was going to hop in the shower and then get back to me to finalize the plans. I never heard from him. I thought for sure something unexpected just came up that needed his immediate attention and I would hear from him in due time but nothing and it is now Wednesday. I am completely puzzled and heartbroken about the sudden change and it upsets me he hasn’t given me an explanation.

almamatters
    Participant
    June 4, 2014 at 11:01 am #54424

Just before going to bed on Friday night we were talking and he once again told me how grateful he was to have me in his life and he is so happy. It just seems so sudden and odd. He is in his late 30s, therefore I would’ve thought he would have possessed the maturity to call me up and tell me if something has changed.

loveanonymousstyle
    loveanonymousstyle
    Participant
    June 14, 2014 at 7:39 pm #55363

This guy stood you up and you spoke to him on the Friday after? Or was this Friday prior to the stand up?

Either way, cut your losses. He is obviously a selfish, ill-mannered and mentally under-developed. He has disrespected you and will continue to do so if you allow him to. We teach people how we want to be treated by our own actions.

If he initiates contact and you still wish to continue down the path with him, do yourself a favour and ask him what happened. He owes you at a minimum an apology and an explanation.

Be your own best friend girlie. If your best friend came to you and told you this happened to her; What would you tell her? What would you want for her?

– Love Anonymousstyle

maddiewilson
    Participant
    June 16, 2014 at 12:37 am #55389

He’s just not that into you unfortunately. But you shouldnt get hung up or heartbroken because you deserve someone who treats you better than that. He’s selfish and disrespectful. I know its hard now, but you will realize you are better than this