Why did I get No Response?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:09 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Hawk120
    Participant
    January 31, 2015 at 12:50 am #72299

Question for all the women on here. I’ve been going to a rehab center due to an injury. There is one girl who works there that I like & I’m pretty sure she likes me. She always smiled at me whenever I would show up for my appt, was friendly & talkative, would look me in the eye during conversation. I wanted to ask her out but had no way of contacting her outside of the office. Not wanting to distract from the professional environment I decided to slip her a short 1 paragraph note when I was leaving. I told her she seems nice, that she is very attractive (I used a better word than attractive), asked her if she would like to go out with me, left my cell #. Only she saw the note, nobody else saw me give it to her yet for whatever reason I never heard back from her. Why Not? She may have a boyfriend but if so couldn’t she have just called or texted me once, said thanks for the nice words but I can’t accept your offer? I would even be ok if she called me just once with a blocked #.

Hawk120
    Participant
    January 31, 2015 at 12:54 am #72300

Follow up points: I’m about 10 yrs older than this girl and she may know my age because she has access to the office computer system. Don’t know if my age is a problem for her when it comes to dating (she’s prob. in her early 20’s).

Was the fact that she is a company employee and I’m a patient at that office a problem?

For the record I think it is really messed up & inconsiderate for the girl to not get back to the guy at least once if he asks her out in a nice way. I will never again waste my time trying to ask a girl out with a freakin note.

I ignored this factor and shouldn’t have. This girl seemed interested in me in a way the other female employees were not. However just because a girl likes a guy doesn’t mean she is actually interested in dating that guy.

saraaileen76
    Participant
    March 8, 2015 at 12:44 pm #75004

I think she should of had at least respnded to you. I think it might have to do with you being a patient at the facility.

20-nothingnewb
    20-nothingnewb
    Participant
    March 9, 2015 at 5:51 pm #75087

The age difference + you’re a patient + whatever external forces are at work here (she may have a boyfriend)
    It was definitely inconsiderate to not respond, you’re right, but she isn’t interested for whatever the reason is
    I think you asked her out in a sweet way and I encourage you to practice that again in the future btw