Why did it fizzle out?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Why did it fizzle out?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 4:59 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

DatingTakeTwo
    DatingTakeTwo
    Participant
    July 11, 2017 at 11:11 am #141685
    Why did it fizzle out?

I met a nice guy on a dating app a couple of weeks ago and we hit it off right away. We had a first date that went well and we continued to chat about everyday. He told me he was looking forward to spending more time with me, and getting to know me more because he really liked me. Our second meeting, I invited him over to my place to hang out and watch a movie. We talked throughout the night and we started fooling around – no sex. He stayed so late it was pretty much the next day. After that night things have not been the same. I hardly hear from him and when I do our conversations are limited and sporadic. I find myself reaching out to him when I don’t hear from him in a while. He says he’s busy with work, but a simple “hello” text would be fine. I don’t understand why it’s fizzling out after we had such a great connection. What did I do? What happened? I’m so frustrated with this whole dating thing.

Roddd210
    Roddd210
    Participant
    July 11, 2017 at 12:41 pm #141721

I feel ya. I think he liked you So much he got maybe a little scared. Just text once that your there for him if he ever needed to talk or something to that effect

DatingTakeTwo
    DatingTakeTwo
    Participant
    July 12, 2017 at 9:05 am #141760

Thank you for your insight Roddd210. Do you really think so? I felt like he really liked me and I really like him so this has been bothering me lately. I think I will text him later and tell exactly that — that if he ever wants to talk I’ll be here. I hope that this is the case and something will work out eventually, but I guess we’ll see. Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

kn1fe
    Participant
    July 12, 2017 at 4:31 pm #141918

I think the fact that he was counting on the fact that you will have sex. But when he did not receive it, he decided that it was not worth spending time. But this is only my opinion.

girlwithnoname
    Participant
    July 14, 2017 at 1:32 pm #142155

Have you asked him outright ?

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    July 14, 2017 at 5:35 pm #142249

So what we know is that something happneed (or didnt’ happen) on date 2 that made him pull back. Either his game was to get sex and once he didn’t get it he’s gone. Or maybe if he was trying to get there the way you rejected him was the reason. Maybe something about the way you were fooling around with him told him he wouldn’t’ be compatibel with you etc. It could be a million things.

I doubt it was the “he got so scared” he isn’t calling.
    I agree it very well may have been he felt he got rejected (and NOBODY wants to come back feeling rejected)
    Mabey you like it a mich different way than he likes it so he concluded sexual compatiblity isn’t there (sexual compatilibyt is EXTREMELY important to me and i will walk away if i can tell we arren’t the same in bed).

The most important thing is: if you were you, and he walks, then let him walk. don’t force a square peg in a round hole (bad analogy to use here?)

lifeisbutadream
    Participant
    July 22, 2017 at 10:27 pm #142953

I also got put in the same boat recently and am wondering how your follow up text go?

mikufangirl2007
    Participant
    July 23, 2017 at 1:15 pm #142961

Just try to find someone that wants to pay attention to you and go from there. It’s the only way, if you wait around nothing will happen.

Anonymous
    July 25, 2017 at 10:34 am #142954

I’ve been down this road before in an almost similar situation – the frustration and constant pondering, it almost consumes you.
    I’d agree that he may have gotten scared and therefore backed off.
    Quote: “This too shall pass.” Let it go one day at a time; try less to push the conversation unless you plan to ask him outright what’s going on.

luvgoldens
    luvgoldens
    Participant
    July 25, 2017 at 11:45 am #143104
    Reply To: Why did it fizzle out?

He might have a girlfriend and they were broken up for a short time? Be glad you didn’t have sex with him, you’d feel worse right now not hearing from him. Get back out there and go on mote dates. You’ll find some else yiy like even more!

July 26, 2017 at 3:09 am #143204

Sometimes you just don’t know what’s going on in someone else’s life. Don’t take it personally and keep on trying with other guys. If you want to find someone who is good for you, you have to put in the work.

lanzzz
    Participant
    July 26, 2017 at 9:56 am #143235

Maybe he was just looking for a good time? Since you “fooled around” maybe thats all he wanted? Or my other thought is that he got bored and isn’t interested anymore.. sending a few texts to someone a day is not going to waste all your time..