Why did she friend zone me unexpectedly?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 11:45 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

megatron23
    Participant
    October 28, 2017 at 2:52 pm #154369

So i had been seeing this girl for a couple weeks, and there was mutual interest between us. We would get flirty with each other a little bit, but did not over do it. So yesterday I took her to the club with me and our mutual friends. We had a couple drinks, and she was definitely drunk. She went outside for a bit, then called me on my phone to meet her. She said she “really needs me right now”. I went outside, and saw her, and she immediately started getting really touchy with me. She starts hold my hands, hugs me, kissing my neck and we almost start making out, when she suddenly pulled away and said “oh i am sorry I cant do this with you right now. Your a really good friend of mine”. I was like what the heck, you came on to me, not the other way around. I really like this girl and I thought she liked me too. The vibe between us was always great. What I don’t understand is why would she call me and try to make out with me, if I was already only a good friend of hers? What should I do

Rastadreads
    Participant
    October 28, 2017 at 11:27 pm #154375

Maybe she isn’t sure what she wants or when she was drunk wanted you but her mind snapped her back into thinking of you as a friend. I’ve had girls do this before, lead me on, flirt and kiss me just to say they want to be friends…its super frustrating. You can either just bail or ride it out..be her friend if that’s what she wants but date other people, maybe she’ll come around..

ALLEN1307
    Participant
    October 29, 2017 at 4:33 pm #154396

Maybe you should give her space (I am not expert) but perhaps the 30 day no contact.
    Good luck buddy.