Why did she go cold so fast?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 4:13 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

hammersticks
    Participant
    July 7, 2016 at 7:31 pm #104657

I wen’t on a date with a girl and it went very well. We talked and talked, she was cuddling up to me, and we had a long make out session at the end before saying goodbye. It was very obvious that she liked me and I liked her. My only concern was that she mentioned her ex a couple times and also mentioned she just got out of a relationship. So a couple days later I go ahead and schedule a second date with her and she said yes. However, on the day of the second date she sent me a text saying she’s not gonna be able to make it and she’s not in the right place/time to be seeing people. I replied by saying that I’ll give her space but I can’t wait for her even though I wanted to. (I was trying to be nice about it) The last thing she said to me was “I will let you know if anything changes.” And that was that, I haven’t contacted her in a week.
    Should I ever contact her? Should I wait and see if she contacts me?
    Is this a test? What do you think happened?

Thanks.

lyratheowl
    Participant
    July 7, 2016 at 7:56 pm #104661

I don’t think it’s a test. If she said she just got out of a relationship and isn’t ready to date then that’s probably the truth/the reason and she is doing the right thing by being honest with you. If she seemed to like you and you really think you hit it off then you could try being there for her as a friend and taking things really slow. But that will probably just you false hope of something more so it’s not really fair on you. The ball is in her court and unless you’re hoary just being friends (which I can understand why not) then I’d just leave it. She probably doesn’t know when she will be emotionally ready to be more than friends and since you already crossed the line of friendship by kissing she knows it would know likely be awkward to be friends and she’s not ready for dating yet. It just sounds like a case of bad timing and probably should just get over her and she might contact you one day or she might not. It can take over a year to get over a breakup.

lyratheowl
    Participant
    July 7, 2016 at 7:57 pm #104662

I’m actually in a similar situation except the other way around and I just met up with a guy from my old work as friends but it was kinda like a date and I told him I wasn’t ready to date and don’t know when I’ll be ready.

hammersticks
    Participant
    July 9, 2016 at 2:40 am #104783

why did she go out on a date in the first place?