Why do I feel so strung out between dates?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 4:39 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Pazza
    Participant
    July 16, 2016 at 7:25 am #105446

I have not been on a date in 13 years (I’m 43)however, unusual for me I went out had quite a bit to drink and somehow got introduced to a beautiful 19 year old… also very drunk. She was very forward and we ended up kind of sleeping together, though I had to bale earlier than I would have liked.
    We’ve seen each other twice since at a club with all her mates. She’s good to talk to, something we didn’t do much of the first time. There were only a few fireworks the second time and we admitted (rather awkwardly) that we liked each other. The third time a lot less physical but she opened up on a bunch of more personal things. Apparently she’s shy as she starts to get to know someone, like a personality split.
    So now I’ve got a shy girl who admits she doesn’t usually follow through with 1 on1 dates. How can I get this one back in the zone? It drives me crazy nervous wondering if she’ll go any further.

Pazza
    Participant
    July 17, 2016 at 5:35 am #105509

Yeah, though it broke some ice and bridged a substantial age gap, it actually puts us both on the back foot in terms of trust and expectation.