Why do men ignore me in the presence of my white friend

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:48 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

fedpu
    Participant
    March 20, 2016 at 12:14 pm #96104

When I go out in San Diego with her (with the exception of PB) she gets approached and acknowledged while I am just standing there. We will meet mutual male friends at a party, those male friends will introduce themselves to her and just not even speak to me. My favorite is when they look at me, when they’ve seen me multiple times and cannot even muster up a “hi”.

The sad thing is I really think it is because I am black and she is white. Truthfully, I do think I am prettier than her but I don’t even think I am pretty. She even says I am much more physically attractive. I noticed San Diego has a very high preference for white women compared to most major cities. Apparently, all the guys in her department think I am really hot, according to a source, but they must be lying.

imgur.com/a/tx9E5
    imgur.com/a/NvTLm

coldturkey
    Participant
    March 20, 2016 at 8:26 pm #96105

I am sure you will find someone who is attracted to you.There are so many different people looking for different things.Maybe you’re just not their type.I’m sure you’re a very attractive person but we all have our preferences so maybe you’re not their preference but that doesn’t mean that you’re not attractive. Don’t take it personal.You will find a guy with mutual attraction..keep going out..it will happen in time….

Kingme2010
    Participant
    March 21, 2016 at 5:07 pm #96169

I totally agree. Everyone likes what they like, just be glad they are not stringing you along just because they feel bad for you. It’s all good, keep your head up and live.

therealmcoy
    Participant
    March 23, 2016 at 10:03 pm #96322

I’ve never seen or experienced anything like this in my group of white male friends. In fact a lot of the guys like black girls, and some even prefer them. So its strange to hear that they would be ignoring you if you are “hot”. My only theory is that they are intimidated by you. We also live in the this super PC culture, where guys are afraid to talk to women of color, because they think they say something offensive. Sad but true. I’d recommend you get your friend to introduce you more when you are there so the guys know its okay to talk to you.