why does he want to be friends?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:31 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

laguna404
    Participant
    February 19, 2017 at 10:48 pm #127566

Was dating a guy for 2.5 months six dates,he ending things by saying “Hey. I was doing some thinking last night, I still feel that we have not progressed to where we should be given the amount of time we have been seeing each other. I can equate this to few possible options. The first is definitely the distance which limits the amount of time we can see each other and that is always must be on a schedule. But the second is do we really have that spark or are we still looking for it. At the same time I am totally overwhelmed between work and life and I have to question if we maybe crossed paths at the wrong time. My initial thought is saying out of fairness to you that we should take a break and in the event out future paths cross in the future then may we could evaluate situation but at the same time don’t want to hold you back from your own progression.” He says he would love to stay friends and will contact me next time he is in city, he sent me friend requests for Facebook/Instagram

ellie123
    Participant
    February 20, 2017 at 2:49 am #127569

hey! first of all, i think the message he sent you was very decent and centered around his concern for your well-being. guys can be dicks when it comes to ending things, as we all probably know. i would say he is interested in you, but probably worried that he won’t be able to give you his all because of how jam-packed his life his. clearly he is hoping that once life becomes a little less crazy, you guys can reconnect if the universe permits it. it’s hard to find time for a relationship sometime when life is so hectic and chaotic, and this sounds like the case for him. you guys hadn’t been dating for very long, so there was still a lot left to discover between the two of you. it’s up to you if you want to accept his friend requests, but since he made the effort to send them also confirms that he seems to be interested. i would say you have nothing to lose, in case your paths end up crossing again. but continue to date around! only if you want to though.

best xx

laguna404
    Participant
    February 20, 2017 at 1:24 pm #127586

Thanks yes, and didn’t have enough room, but we talked on the phone as well, and he said that the distance was the main thing, and I agree there wasn’t huge sparks, but I felt like he was closed off. I was crying on the phone and then he started crying when telling me how his mother died couple of years ago, and says this is the first time since he has gotten back into dating. He is an only child, and scared to death of losing his dad and being alone. He acknowledged that he has not found the balance between time with his dad and living his own life. I’m okay with the friend thing, I’m moving on obviously and trying to find another guy. But he does seem like a good respectable guy thats hard to find. I’m thinking about waiting some time to check in with him and see how life is going for him as a friend. I’m not looking for the things to work out with him, definitely looking for someone who is really into me and does not have so much baggage.