Why does he want to stay in touch after moving in with his gf and 6mth baby

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:47 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Rebecca
    Rebecca
    Participant
    April 10, 2014 at 2:09 pm #50900

I had been married for 24 years, it was on the rocks after my husband had been emotionally abusive, spitting in my face, being verbally abusive, then finally strangling me in front of my then 9 year old son, i had begged him to go to counselling but he refused. I was at my wits end and desperately unhappy wondering how I could leave him, I had my twin so s to consider not just me. It was after all this happened that I met Scott, a man 20 yrs my junior, i look 20 years younger than my age which wAs 49 when i met Scott 4 years ago last October. He asked to see me at first I refused, i have never been unfaithful ever! But after my husband continued being horrible to me I embarked on a four year FWB relationship with Scott, I didnt want that kind of relationship, i wanted a proper relationship with him, but he kept me at arms length even though we had the most amazing passion and got on so well. I didnt know it but he had got back together with his ex gf whilst still seeing me, i told her

Rebecca
    Rebecca
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 6:20 pm #50902

Cont.. They split up, then got back together 6 mths later he and i didn’t communicate until they got back together, he contacted me to tell me they were moving back together, it was weird because he wanted to talk to me via facetime, we live 40 miles apart.then she got pregnant this devastated me, but then he stayed in touch, we met up to say goodbye, i still loved him,but wished him well, we didnt communicate until the 6 mth of the pregnancy when he said he wanted to see me, we did but then when the baby was born i was so upset and told her we had seen each other,i was hurt but I regret doing that to her. We stopped contact and I have tried to move on, but 6 months on again he has contacted me!! Saying can we be friends, I said why? He said because you make me happy, you make me smile and yr nice. i am so confused by his behaviour, i was doing so well moving on, he has set me back again, he wants to meet for coffee when he has time, please can anyone explain why he’s like this?

Rebecca
    Rebecca
    Participant
    April 11, 2014 at 6:20 pm #50924

…they split up but 6months later he contacted me & wanted to facetime, we live 40 miles apart. .he told me he was moving in with her, which confused me, why was he talking to me? Then after 4 days & nights contact he tells me his ‘big’ news she was pregnant! I was devastated. We met to say goodbye and ended up being intimate, but i wished him well and tried to move on,5 months later we were back in touch even meeting again, but when the baby was born he went quiet again, i ended up telling her we’d been in touch but didn’t tell her we’d been intimate again, he and I stopped talking she forgave him. I was determined to move on & didn’t contact him, he then contacted me last wk after 6 months of NC. I asked why he wanted to remain friends, he said ‘you make me happy, you make me smile and yr so nice!’
    I still love him, Can anyone advise me what to do, he says his life is ok not perfect, i said no ones life is. I have drafted a goodbye message but am reluctant to send it.