Why hasn't he kissed me yet?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 5:07 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Lori88
    Participant
    May 24, 2016 at 11:06 pm #101282

I have been out on 5 dates with a man I am interested in. I have known him for a couple of months now and we connected instantly. There is also a bit of an age difference between us (I’m in my 20s, he’s in his 30s). We always have a great time and talk for hours. He laughs at my stupid jokes, looks into my eyes, compliments me, etc. He is definitely the traditional “southern gentleman” type i.e. opening the car door for me, always pays for our meal, despite my many offers to pay, etc. When we part ways for the evening it always ends with a hug. Not just a friendly hug, a very long, lingering hug in which our bodies are completely pressed flush up against each other. On our last date we had our usual hug, then he pulled away a little and looked into my eyes so I leaned in a little thinking he was finally going to kiss me, but then he just pulled me in for another long hug during which he gave me a warm kiss on the cheek.

Lori88
    Participant
    May 24, 2016 at 11:08 pm #101283

He has also established other physical contact (touching my arm while talking, placing his hands on my shoulders when coming up behind me, doing the “hand on the lower back” when we walk into a room). There is palpable physical chemistry between us, but yet, no kiss. Is he just extremely nervous/gentlemanly/waiting for me to make a move, or am I firmly in the friend zone? It’s been a very long time (over 6 years) since I’ve dated anyone new, and I am kind of new to the whole dating thing so I’m not sure why he has yet to make a move or how I should proceed. I would especially like to hear a man’s perspective.