DATING ADVICE FORUM

Why hasn't she responded?

Author
    Comments

• strudelsnatcher
    Participant
    June 19, 2017 at 10:00 am #139867
    Why hasn't she responded?

I won’t go into too much detail so as to keep things somewhat brief, but basically in a class I had (ended a little over a month ago) there was this girl I was interested in, and in our last few classes I thought for certain she was interested in me too (I know she thought I was funny and good-looking). I was going to ask for her number after our last class, but unforeseen circumstances prevented me from doing that. After being advised recently that it was still not too late to try and reach out to her via social media, I did just that a couple of days ago, and after a tiny bit of small talk with one another I asked if she wanted to catch up over coffee. I haven’t sent anything since then, nor do I plan to, but she has not responded despite being active on social media since then.

I won’t even be upset if her answer is “no,” it’d just be nice to get a response back. Considering our past interactions it’s surprising to me that she wouldn’t at least tell me she wasn’t interested.

strudelsnatcher
    Participant
    June 19, 2017 at 10:02 am #139868

I’m not going to keep dwelling on this and I plan to move on, but I figured I’d just make this thread. Why do you think she won’t at the very least tell me she’s not interested?

Siro
    Siro
    Participant
    June 19, 2017 at 8:20 pm #139982

I’m not really sure what to say since I am not really experienced with dating (that’s why I’m here…), but I’ve heard that girls might not respond because they might be interested but don’t know how to respond. Maybe she’s waiting for you to text her again. Who knows.

Siro
    Siro
    Participant
    June 19, 2017 at 8:22 pm #139983

Oh, I forgot to ask if you see this girl around, like in school maybe?

strudelsnatcher
    Participant
    June 19, 2017 at 11:17 pm #139984

Oh, I forgot to ask if you see this girl around, like in school maybe?

Unless we just so happen to bump into one another on campus (unlikely) I won’t be seeing her in person again.

Poojitha1
    Participant
    June 20, 2017 at 8:20 am #139986

I won’t go into too much detail so as to keep things somewhat brief, but basically in a class I had (ended a little over a month ago) there was this girl I was interested in, and in our last few classes I thought for certain she was interested in me too (I know she thought I was funny and good-looking). I was going to ask for her number after our last class, but unforeseen circumstances prevented me from doing that. After being advised recently that it was still not too late to try and reach out to her via social media, I did just that a couple of days ago, and after a tiny bit of small talk with one another I asked if she wanted to catch up over coffee. I haven’t sent anything since then, nor do I plan to, but she has not responded despite being active on social media since then.

Don’t Act Smart in front of Girls

bcsennett
    Participant
    June 20, 2017 at 12:17 pm #140024

Just because she hasn’t responded doesn’t mean she’s not interested. Bring it up again sometime, or if there’s an event, see if she would like to attend with you.

CandidJay
    CandidJay
    Participant
    June 20, 2017 at 5:04 pm #140122

You need to know that some ladies try to play it hard, but some are not completely sure how you would feel if they turned you down, although they don’t like you “like that” but they don’t want to hurt your feelings. May you could find a way to get a hold of her, if social media would do it fine, and just let her know how you feel and tell her it’s no big deal if she’s not interested but she could comfortably tell you how she feels. No pressure!

lookingForAdvice1
    lookingForAdvice1
    Participant
    June 23, 2017 at 1:15 pm #140478

Give her some space, women are told to not seem too eager could just be a game