Why the emotional road block

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:34 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Broncos28
    Participant
    September 13, 2013 at 10:38 pm #38920

All that I tried to ask is that she give my brothers more jobs around the house, was that really too much too ask?? I know they work outside the house, but they really could do more AROUND the house AS WELL, I know my 36-year old brother does some simple tasks around the house, but they aren’t everyday chores. The kind he does is just cleaning the cat litter(an occasional job, which our dad does normally anyway), and shoveling snow (a more seasonal job-and depends on the weather). My 47 year-old brother(he had his own place before he moved back in a few days before Christmas 2012) sometimes helps with the dishes and laundry (he does his own, but he helps with ours when I’m not around-sometimes he’ll fold the towels, but I’ve been doing that as I take them out of the dryer lately and sort my mom’s clothes out of the whites.) I don’t think asking for more help from my brothers is asking a lot.I love my mother & father and will be forever grateful for the times they were there for me through my medical problems, but I want to move forward with my life. If she truly wants me to be happy like she has said she does “Why the emotional roadblock?”

howdydoody
    Participant
    September 19, 2013 at 2:14 pm #39288

this is a dating advice forum and this doesnt seem like a dating question but i’ll help you out. why don’t you bring this up to your mom? if you can’t talk about little things like chores with your mom how are you going to talk about this stuff with other people especially a boyfriend?

betsy588
    Participant
    September 19, 2013 at 2:38 pm #39332

^^^This

you need to learn to say how you feel in a calm and logical manner. this is great practice for when you have a relationship. And tell your brothers to stop being sexist and help out! It won’t kill thjem to pick up after themselves. It takes 2 seconds to put something away.