Why the sudden lost of interest?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 5:00 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

LizzyB
    Participant
    May 28, 2017 at 7:46 pm #137800

Here’s the basic info about the people in the story: I’m a girl in her early twenties who lives in Berlin, he’s a French man in his early-forties.

I met him a couple of weeks ago when I was traveling around Asia. Long story short: he’s really funny and smart, I found him very attractive (but never gave him any hint of that) and I think he liked me too.

He was really nice and respectful the whole time, so I was very delighted when he said he would love to keep in touch because he had really enjoyed spending time with me. I gave him my email not really expecting him to write, but to my surprise, as soon as he was back in France, we emailed me, saying again that he was really happy because we had met. So, I emailed him back asking how the rest of his trip was and blah blah, but he hasn’t replied in a week.

So, why do you think he suddenly lost interest?

PS: I know the age gap may seem odd, but I’m +18 & I’ve always had a thing for older men, so thank you (really) for not being judgmental!

• This topic was modified 6 months, 3 weeks ago by  LizzyB.

RkyMntnHi
    Participant
    May 28, 2017 at 10:14 pm #137811

Its possible he is very busy but its also possible that he is already in a relationship. sadly its hard to say since the details are a bit vague. did you guys discuss anything related to relationships? I am going to lean towards he is just busy and give him the benefit of the doubt. but if he has lost interest it could mean he was/is not available. 🙁

caldude
    Participant
    May 29, 2017 at 3:35 am #137815

As a man myself, I am naturally friendly and my friendliness has often been mistaken for flirtatiousness. I’ve had a similar situation happen to me recently but with a woman, and this is what I’ve learned; while the other person may really enjoy being with you they may not be ready for a relationship or they may already be in one which would cause them to be irresponsive. Despite chemistry between you two, he may need to work through some issues before he seriously opens up to you. Give him time and email in a couple of weeks just to “see how he’s doing,” which will verify your interest in him.

Stephzzzz
    Participant
    May 29, 2017 at 7:08 pm #137831

I had the same situation you have, being also in my early twenties, I think you should give it some time, I’m not saying wait a month because that just means he has no interest. Perhaps two weeks tops? It really does depend how you two hit it off. If he does reply back to you then you need not worry. (P.s. Just make sure he replies back to your conversation instead of making a new one)