Why won't he tell me why he broke up with me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 10:49 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

MaryCato
    Participant
    December 27, 2016 at 8:58 pm #121174

My ex and I were dating for about 8 months. The last four were very difficult because he was putting his work before me. He said that he was too focused on school and work to talk to me, do things with me, or even visit me. I would bug him about this and he would always defend himself but never admit to it or change. He can admit to the fact that I was being a little pushy, but he would cut off all contact and refuse to see me many times. I did tell him that I wanted to break up because he wouldn’t talk to me at all, but also told him I couldn’t and I want to be with him. He broke up with me about a month ago, and I wanted to know why he wanted to separate himself from me. I understand all the arguing was a bit much, but he made it seem like he no longer has feelings for me at all.

At first, he was very upset when he broke up with me and didn’t want to. He wanted to remain friends but that was not going to happen, I couldn’t. Then the next day he acts as if he has no feelings at all

MaryCato
    Participant
    December 27, 2016 at 8:58 pm #121175

(Continued)

At first, he was very upset when he broke up with me and didn’t want to. He wanted to remain friends but that was not going to happen, I couldn’t. Then the next day he acts as if he has no feelings at all, like he was never my boyfriend. I tried to talk to him to get him back but he always seemed upset with me when he talked to me. I ended up in the hospital a few weeks ago, and he called and we talked for about 3 hours. I have been messaging him and asking him over and over again how he can go from loving me and wanting to marry me, to treating me like trash.

I also have a very busy schedule as a graduate student but that does not mean I cannot hold a relationship.
    Update: Also, for those of you who like horoscopes. We are both Pisces. I am 22 and he is 19.

multisamsami
    Participant
    December 28, 2016 at 7:40 am #121197

First, I think you shouldn’t blame yourself. Some guys will break up without any explanation, even if everythink was ‘perfect’. Sometimes they just get bored and they break up, or they’re afraid of commiting and they break up, they want something new and they break up… you didn’t really do anything wrong, so he didn’t know how to break up with you, because he doesn’t have a valid reason.

superconfused
    Participant
    December 29, 2016 at 11:59 am #121275

You are both young. Just let it be. It sounds like you were being needy and pushy and you may have inadvertently pushed him away. Guys like confidence and a woman who has her own thing going on. I would forget him and focus on your goals a guy or maybe even this guy will eventually happen. You deserve to be loved and cherished not chasing some guy for scraps of affection.

Alexander Williams
    Participant
    December 29, 2016 at 9:42 pm #121287

Maybe he doesn’t wanna hurt you maybe

Thisjourney
    Participant
    December 30, 2016 at 11:21 pm #121317

sometimes people don’t have a reason they just do it to find a way out