Why would he reach out to only reject me twice?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 5:43 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

LS14
    Participant
    September 17, 2017 at 5:48 pm #149292

I am 29 and a teacher and I met an educated, handsome neurologist back in September. We connected so well through texting and video and said it was the most natural chemistry we have ever felt. We hinted marriage, kids. We went on a date after only two weeks of talking but after that date he told me “the chemistry wasn’t there.” Never heard from him again but I was very hurt for a long time, he felt like the one.

Fast forward to the other day, one year later, I ran into him at the hospital he works at. He sees me in the waiting room, we make eye contact from a distance, and he texts me if that was really me and wants to bring me a coffee. It feels like fate again for both of us. He says he was really happy to know it was me. We don’t get coffee at the hospital, but we do text the whole day as if nothing ever happened before, so natural. We go out for coffee, and then after the date he just tells me he is moving and cant do long distance. Stops talking. Does he just think I’m hideous?

yoooo
    Participant
    September 17, 2017 at 5:52 pm #149293

He seems like he does not know what he wants….you shouldn’t try and pursue this because you simply seem more emotionally advanced than he is.

LS14
    Participant
    September 17, 2017 at 6:26 pm #149296

What bugs me is that he always asks what I think of him before he drops his excuse. He knows I’m going to be very complimentary, but then he doesnt return the compliment. WHY ASK if youre not going to stick around? Its like he wants his ego fed first, and then drops his excuses. Also, he asked me if he was my type in the looks department. Would he ask that if he thought I was ugly or something? I just truly trust he had good intentions, he knows I am a virgin waiting for marriage, he is waiting again too, we both seemed to want marriage and love kids, so its not as if he was just trying to have sex.

LS14
    Participant
    September 18, 2017 at 5:35 pm #149456

Any other opinions as to why he left? Please dont say he just wanted sex because he knows I’m a virgin and he is religious too

Something
    Participant
    September 19, 2017 at 1:50 pm #149520

Ego fed.

JD091
    Participant
    September 19, 2017 at 2:13 pm #149525

He is playing around and it is unhealthy for you to overthink.

LS14
    Participant
    September 20, 2017 at 7:34 pm #149814

He is playing around and it is unhealthy for you to overthink.

Yeah it really is. My hair fell out the first time. I’m talking about 50% of my hair from stress. It wasn’t noticeable to anyone but me, but it took the whole year for me to get my beautiful hair again. And now he does it again…