Why would he visit me if he isn't interested?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2017 at 10:11 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Anonymous
    November 25, 2015 at 9:20 pm #89006

We are both 26. Interracial. LDR. online dating. We are both shy. We met on a dating site. I messaged him and flew to his city for a week for work. We had 2 amazing “dates”. The chemistry was unreal tho We did not kiss. Then on my last day, I asked via (text) if he wanted to keep in touch and he said yes but he’s ‘bad at that’. It’s been 3 months since our first date. We skype often. When I returned from my trip I didn’t text him for a week to see if he would text and he didn’t. But when I text him he responded instantly and we started to Skype frequently. I asked him if he liked me via text and said I was “pretty cool. Wait are you asking romantically” and then he said he “enjoys skyping with me but he wouldn’t want to be in a LDR”. He said he tried a LDR 2x before but it was only temporary bc there was no end date. Then he asked if i was moving to his city. I said I don’t know yet. He said he would visit me next month, bc I asked. I offered to help pay for ticket but he refused.

elizarka
    elizarka
    Participant
    November 26, 2015 at 11:41 pm #89032

Sounds like he is interested but not vested in moving. It’s too soon..only 3 months. He is coming to see you next month and that’s a good thing. I would give it more time. He has had 2 ldr and that’s hard. He wants you to move but it’s too soon for you to think about too.. continue visiting each other and see where it goes.

Anonymous
    November 28, 2015 at 9:28 am #89041

Thanks!

theboogieland
    Participant
    November 28, 2015 at 3:54 pm #89090

maybe he just wants to get laid? or at least keep things open until you decide if you move to his city or not

Anonymous
    November 29, 2015 at 8:40 am #89096

We never even kissed, he couldn’t possibly be expecting sex… I can’t move to his city with things “open”

Anonymous
    December 5, 2015 at 10:38 am #89536

So he will be staying at my place. Is it rude to put him on the couch?