Why would someone do that

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 3:08 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Kayla
    Participant
    April 28, 2016 at 3:37 pm #99150

I went on a date 2 weeks ago with a guy a I met at my gym. Im 29 he is 30. He asked for my number and then asked me on a date a week later.
    The date was great. We were both nervous at the beginning but we ended up having a great time. We talked , danced and drank until 3am. We kissed a few times. He kept saying that he liked me and cannot wait for the 2nd date and we even dicussed ideas for the second date. At the end he took a selfie of us. He texted me to make sure I got home safe and told me he will contact me. To set up a second date.
    I didnt hear from him and had to go out of town for the weekend so i contacted him and he apologized for being very busy this week. He asked me out for the following tuesday. On monday he texted me to know about my weekend and we set up the details for our date on tuesday. On tuesday he cancels because of work saying that he is terribly sorry
    I didn’t hear from him then. I was a bit confused so I just texted him a week later to ask him how he wasan

Kayla
    Participant
    April 28, 2016 at 3:38 pm #99151

Was doing and he just ignored me

Kayla
    Participant
    April 28, 2016 at 3:43 pm #99152

Im confused because I don’t understand why someone would act interested and just disappear

julio177
    Participant
    April 28, 2016 at 5:40 pm #99183

Try contacting him this weekend and see if he responds.

Tapped_out_in_Tampa
    Tapped_out_in_Tampa
    Participant
    April 29, 2016 at 9:35 am #99209

People are just plain FLAKY. One’s flakiness comes out strongly in the dating world. It’s one of the hardest lessons that I’ve learned. You’re best just moving on.

aisling.25
    Participant
    April 29, 2016 at 11:08 am #99219

Some people are just into one minute and not the next sadly. I’ve had it happen to me thought he was really interested then just dropped of the face of the earth.

stuckinlove101
    Participant
    April 30, 2016 at 12:17 am #99312

The sad thing is he does care about you in some way, but he may feel scared of commitment. I am a male and there have been times when I have gone out with women I thought I was in love with only to be completely unnerved by the thought of committing, I don’t think he is ready for a relationship and you shouldn’t waste too much time on this relationship if he doesn’t come around.

Toothlessbamboo
    Participant
    April 30, 2016 at 9:35 pm #99340
    Reply To: Why would someone do that

I would have to agree that some men do this to get women to chase them. It makes him less vulnerable and builds up his confidence. I do think he is interested because you two obviously connected on some level and from what I read you two seem to have a really good time. I think you should try reaching out again after a few days have passed and if he responds great, if he doesn’t respond I would just walk away and not pay it anymore attention. You’ve made your effort so he has to do some of the leg work to reciprocate.

Kayla
    Participant
    May 1, 2016 at 2:56 pm #99345

It left me really confused. and I did not expect him to just ignore me after all what he said and did when we saw each other.
    I don’t think I can contact him again, I already felt stupid when he did not answer me

Kayla
    Participant
    May 5, 2016 at 12:39 pm #99858

I was very interested in getting to know him.Do you think I should ask him what’s on his mind or that would be too forward? Or should I just play it cool If I see him at the gym. Or maybe just drop it. I’m confused

Jack Henson
    Participant
    May 6, 2016 at 12:19 pm #99863

I would suggest playing it cool if you see him at the gym. The problem is on his end, not yours; there’s no reason for you to go out of your way. He probably is busy, but if it’s important to him he’ll make time to ask you out.

Anonymous
    May 8, 2016 at 3:38 pm #99960

I say you give it one more chance, and contact him. Maybe a phone call? I am unsure how you would feel about that. I truly cannot tell you how the guy feels or whether he was just busy and could not respond, but the truth of the matter is that everyone checks there phones at least once a day and has the option of responding. If he ignores you again, just move on, cause I don’t think he is worth your time or energy. People sometimes just say things on dates to make others feel better or to get what they want. I hope this all works out for you, but seriously, don’t let it get to you. Good luck 🙂

impossible
    Participant
    May 8, 2016 at 3:56 pm #99961

did u try talking to him

Kayla
    Participant
    May 9, 2016 at 11:04 am #100000

I did not because I think that if he did not answer me it means that he is clearly not interested in me and O don’t want to look desperate

Kayla
    Participant
    May 9, 2016 at 11:06 am #100001

But I can’t stop thinking about it because he did not seem to be a player he even was a bit nervous and apologetic when we met.smh

1 2