Will dating a guy with a much lower income ever work?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:39 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

hopefullover
    Participant
    December 16, 2014 at 5:55 pm #69311

I just recently started dating this guy who is 23 and a waiter. He tried going to college for a semester and decided it wasn’t worth the debt. I, on the other hand, am in my last year of college and have a $65000 a year job already lined up. I’ve spoken to him trying to get a idea of his ambition, without seeing rude, and I get the idea that he is totally fine just being a waiter. He told me that money means very little to him. He does spoil me quite a bit and fully supports himself. Although, I imagine he lives paycheck to paycheck. He says that he generally stores away the money he needs to pay bills and then spends the rest on other people. I was raised very differently to be successful and marry a man that could support a potential family. I like to think I’m progressive an don’t want to be dependent on a man. I’m just not sure if I’m getting attached a man that is beneath me or will end up being a lazy bum or I don’t know what.

Confusedyoungman
    Participant
    December 16, 2014 at 6:19 pm #69315

Well, stop dating him and go and find a man who is well off and successful. I’m sure that there are plenty of them out there who may find you attractive. Do you really want to be with him if you cannot accept him as he is, and not worry about his income?

Angel123456789
    Participant
    December 16, 2014 at 10:15 pm #69321

It will never work out… I know from experience….

arianaxoxo
    Participant
    December 18, 2014 at 8:34 am #69363

If you’re a gold digger leave him, if you like him keep him.

Tonic
    Participant
    December 22, 2014 at 7:49 am #69521

Why should money play a part in whether or not a man or woman is good enough. You sound like a gold digger, and just for future reference, just because you have a okay income DOES NOT make you above anyone else. Sorry..

Roxy
    Roxy
    Participant
    December 23, 2014 at 1:32 am #69560

In the end it’s the person that matters not the paycheck. To be honest I think it’s a nice change that someone thinks money isn’t the be all and end all. Should it really matter? he’s is supporting himself and not living off you after all. And also he isn’t beneath you because he earns less or a lazy bum because he works hard for the money he does earn and you should feel lucky he uses some of his hard earned money to spoil you even if he doesn’t make very much..

December 24, 2014 at 9:13 pm #69601

depends on what type of relationship you are looking for, if you are looking for a marriage partner, then I doubt a woman would be interested in dating a man like that

December 31, 2014 at 3:13 pm #69763

but i’m sure there have been some success stories