will he accept being friends ?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 6:34 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

mi314
    Participant
    October 20, 2014 at 9:23 am #66232

So the guy I like and I’ve been talking about the past few days is really into me.
    but the problem is my parents again ! Even my sister ! They don’t like him for anonymous reasons that they don’t share with me.
    I have fought for him before but they still hate him no matter what.
    should I be honest with him ? Should we be friends ? Should I still fight for him ? What should I do ?

Shay897
    Participant
    October 21, 2014 at 3:50 pm #66304

First off how old are you? Do you still live at home?
    If you still live at home and are under the age of 18 it’s going to be difficult to date this guy. If your over the age of 18 but still live at home it will still be difficult because your family will question your whereabouts when your out of the house. If your over 18 and out of the house it shouldn’t be a problem.
    Lastly if your family’s opinion means a lot to you don’t date him.They probably have valid reasons for not liking this guy…but if your families opinion doesn’t mean a lot to you and they can often be unreasonable then you may want to reconsider letting him go.

mi314
    Participant
    October 21, 2014 at 6:59 pm #66334

Dear shay897 , I am 21 still under my parents roof .. I just wanna tgank you for your piece of advice it will really help me and think about it

mi314
    Participant
    October 23, 2014 at 12:45 pm #66440

So we had a fight , he didn’t mention the reason why he is mad and stopped talking to me (it’s been 2 days)
    How could I end it with him ? Cause I can’t handle it anymore!

Oliviaissweet
    Participant
    October 24, 2014 at 7:03 pm #66539

It seems like he’s immature…not speaking to you in two days is so juvenile…I think you deserve better. Just tell him how you feel and that you want to end it with him. If he throws a fit, then it wasn’t meant to be.

mi314
    Participant
    October 30, 2014 at 1:38 pm #66848

Well yes I faced him and I told him to leave me alone and never speak to me again