Will I be his rebound girl again…?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:03 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

amhughes
    Participant
    November 4, 2014 at 11:23 pm #67036

Hi!
    A guy I had short fling with in college has resurfaced now, 5 years later. Let me give you a little back story: It lasted about 4 months and it ended because he didn’t want to commit. Since then he has been in several long term relationships but we still stayed in touch. Each time he broke up with a woman, he’d contact me shortly after. We’d go out, have an amazing time and at the end of the date make plans to see each other again soon… and then, like clockwork he’ll slowly disappear, until of course, he ends a relationship 6-12 months later. Foolish me, each time I’d get so excited thinking, “this is it! He’s ready to take this somewhere!” Although it took me a while, I finally saw the pattern confronted him about it the next time he preformed the disappearing act. He didn’t have much to say on the subject and we ended on bad terms. That was a year ago.

Well, he’s back again and is begging me to give him another shot. Which I’m weary to do, because I’m not willing to play his little game again. At the same time, something deep down makes me feel like this time he’ll be different (definition of Insanity?)

Should I give him another go, or trust the past and let it go?

• This topic was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  amhughes.
    horsegirl48
    horsegirl48
    Participant
    November 7, 2014 at 6:20 pm #67222

That is a tricky one…

It seems that he may have some commitment issues, seeing that he only lasts a certain amount of time before ending the relationship with someone. And then you are there in between. Remember, that is why your relationship with him didn’t work out originally.
    Ask yourself ‘Does he genuinely care about me?’
    It is 100% your decision if you want to take another risk or not. If you DO decide to give him another chance, maybe tell yourself this is his Final chance.
    Do you think he would still go after you if you made him make an effort? (eg. don’t just say ‘yes’ to hanging out together).

I hope you work out something.

SupremePickUp
    Participant
    November 8, 2014 at 4:09 am #67241

maybe