Will this relationship ever work out?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:09 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Chocobrownie
    Participant
    September 10, 2014 at 2:39 am #61240

before I start.. please do not be mean when you comment. I still have tender heart 🙂

I met this guy this summer in a small town in Maine. We were working and living together for 7 weeks. We really developed beautiful friendship.

It became clear that the more time I spend with him, we are attracted to each other. But he has a girlfriend back home (they’ve been together for 4 years and now they live together). He hold how unhappy he was in his relationship and I listened to him.

One day he suddenly kissed me. Since then we had the most amazing 2 weeks as ‘couple’. We were so in love- we were talking about running away and getting married, having kids. We had amazing emotional, spiritual, physical connection. We were so sad that we had to go back home to reality. We were soul mates.

Now he is back home to his girl. We decided that 2 weeks are not long enough judge how real our relationship was. I miss him. When he breaks up with his girl (I’m sure), will this ever work out?

Chocobrownie
    Participant
    September 10, 2014 at 2:41 am #61241

Added information:
    About three weeks after we came back home, he told me that he can’t leave his girlfriend for another woman- that would be really wrong. So he wants to do best and work on his relationship whether or not it will last. He said that even when he breaks up with his girlfriend, he might not want to jump into another yet serious relationship. I told that is completely wise to do. One should take time to recover after a long term relationship.

But at the same time, he couldn’t stop talking to me the way he was though- so I had to cut him off and end the ‘friendship’. Maybe in few years when the circumstances are right, we might get back together? Or is it already ruined?

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by  Chocobrownie.

emmag3
    Participant
    September 10, 2014 at 5:16 pm #61724

You shouldn’t give up on this relationship! Especially since you said he is your soul mate. It sounds like this is a relationship that is worth waiting for. But make sure you continue to date other people and have fun because you still deserve to be happy! That way in the end, if it is meant to be it will happen. If it’s not, you may have already found someone you really belong with!