Winning my love back

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Winning my love back

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 10:52 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

BMekaj
    Participant
    September 12, 2015 at 12:30 pm #85345
    Winning my love back

Hello! So me and my girlfriend split up about 6 weeks ago. She went out really late(something very abnormal for her) with some of her coworkers including one guy I was a bit suspicious that she had a slight crush on. Well the next morning I accused her subtly and said a bunch of mean things. The reason I did this was because the morning before she went out with her coworkers to dinner I had invited her out to dinner. I had just gotten back from a 10 day trip in California and I had not seen her for like 2 weeks. I had forgotten that their dinner had been planned for a few weeks but I felt like she chose them over me so I got jealous and I responded by saying hurtful things. She broke up with me a few days later. She said we might be able to work out again someday, but she mentioned years several times and said that we’d both need to grow.

BMekaj
    Participant
    September 12, 2015 at 12:32 pm #85346

Everything was going good, I slowly tried to forget about her and tried to stop caring about her. But then last Saturday I ran into her at work unintentionally. I saw her freaked out and scurried away without even saying hi. That got me thinking about how amazing she was and how much I still wanted to be with her. So the next day I texted her an 1800 word text apologizing for avoiding her. I also told her how much I wanted to be with her and how much I still love her and how much i have changed(because I actually have changed alot, this last month has been very eventful and life changing) I told her I wanted to get back together with her but that I was not going to go right out and ask that. Instead I asked her to just meet up for an hour at starbucks a friends to catch up, see how we interact, test our friendship, and talk about getting back together. I also said that she could have some time to think if she needed, whether it be a few days or a few weeks.

BMekaj
    Participant
    September 14, 2015 at 8:18 am #85347

She said that she wasn’t sure if she wanted to meet with me even as friends because she didn’t want to lead me on. She also said that she did not have the time and effort for a relationship but I am pretty sure that is not true knowing her and what she does. I asked what she meant by leading me on, if she was over me. She didn’t say either way how she felt about me just that it might not be a good idea. She said that she would need some time to think about it and I have given it to her. I saw her last Saturday, asked her on Sunday so it is now Saturday again and it has been 6 days since I asked. So here are my questions: 1. I am starting to get really anxious and nervous about her response and it is killing me. I keep checking my phone to see if she has given me n answer. So, should I text her today and say something like “Hey! It has been a week since last talked, I wanted to know if you had come to a decision or if you were still thinking? And if you need more time that is cool too”

BMekaj
    Participant
    September 14, 2015 at 8:18 am #85348

Does that sound good and should I text her today or should I wait more time? 2. Are there any things I can do or say to convince her that we could work out now?

Tuckertcs
    Participant
    September 14, 2015 at 6:40 pm #85426

leave it. I once had a clean brake-up and we probably couldn’ve been friends but just by trying to get her back I messed it all up and now she hates me and thinks I’m totally insane and now it’s awkward just walking by eachother in the halls (i’m in highschool)