WITHDRAWAL AFTER DEATH OF MOTHER

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 8:55 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Kellyrose
    Participant
    August 29, 2015 at 1:26 pm #84918

Hi there,
    I have met this amazing man who I felt an instant connection with. We had a crazy first date that ended in spending the night together. Then a few dinner dates, which also ended in overnights and lots of talking and laughing, we just could not bit a day without each other.
    Then his mom was rushed to the hospital, still saw him the same day, cooked dinner, listened and just talked until 3 AM. Then he went back to the hospital. I still saw him the next days, he became drained, and tired, siblings arrived for the last good bye and he had to take care of them as well, then his son got injured in an accident all within 2 weeks, I still saw him one more time,he was loving but also very overwhelmed. Now mom died and he send me a text that he misses me but needs to take a break from social life but he will be back soon. Sorry. XOXO. That was a few days ago. I have not texted /called as I respect his needs, but I miss him.-when is it ok to text, or better not. Will he back?

Kellyrose
    Participant
    September 9, 2015 at 10:35 am #85309

Short update. He messagedid me 10 days ago that he adores and misses me but the last days where just awful and that he is taking his kids on vacation. Again he asked me to be patient and I waited until after labor day weekend to now send a short text asking how his vacation has been and hoping he feels better. That was yesterday but he did not respond.
    We both spend nights in each other’s houses…I had cooked for him and we had planned Christmas together. I am really confused as of why he doesn’t respond. If he is no longer interested can he at least have the decency to let me know?

Kellyrose
    Participant
    September 9, 2015 at 6:31 pm #85313

And another update:
    So did get a text message, however no apology for not emailing, texting or calling, nothing personal either except of the xoxo which seem so generic. Texted back letting him know that I would really love to see him but did not hear back and this has been hours ago. Considering we havent seen eachother for so long I think he should be dying to see me.
    Deleted his contact, phone, emails etc. Hope to be strong not to reach out to him again, if he wants to reach me he always can, but I am pretty much done unless he steps up to the plate.
    Why does this hurt so endlessly?

Kellyrose
    Participant
    September 12, 2015 at 10:55 am #85342

All good, saw him last night and I am only posting this here in case someone ever runs into the same issue. Seeing him again tomorrow night to watch football….