Woman needs alone time and is stressed due to kids….

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:02 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

confusedmale
    Participant
    April 20, 2016 at 11:04 am #98209

My g.f is a single mom, taking care of two kids and is super busy. In the past I wanted all of her time, but I now realize the time she needs to be alone. Now, when I see see she is in the middle of something I will simply giver her space. Maybe watch tv, go outside with the kids, bike riding, etc I did not do this in the past, but I do now as I totally understand her point.

However, last week when she was in the other room on the computer, and I was watching tv two rooms away, she approached me and asked me to turn the tv off and leave the room as she needed alone time? I asked if she was serious and said I have been sitting here by myself – Her in another room. She stated that I still so not understand her need for alone time, and I should leave the room so she can be alone. I was pretty hurt by this.

Do you all think her action was based on alone time or simply not wanting me there? Am I wrong to be hurt by being told to leave a room so she could be there alone?

coldturkey
    Participant
    April 20, 2016 at 1:16 pm #98214

Well you should feel hurt because you were in a room away from her and she comes in and tells you to go and leave the room? Are you guys living together or or you just over there visiting her? I would be hurt and just ask her why she did that when you were not even in the same room…

confusedmale
    Participant
    April 20, 2016 at 1:30 pm #98218

Hi CT.

We are not living together but I usually spend the weekend with her. I would be over more often, but that is when the “space and time issue” arose. To be fair, I was underfoot and wanted to spend more time with her than she had. But when I realized the kids are always underfoot I understood, and gave her the space she needed.

I did ask here why she asked me to leave and the answer was ‘I do not understand what it means by giving her more space?” Even though I am not physically with her at any given moment, she knows I want to be with her. So when I am there she is stressed that I am upset when she is busy and not with me. I assured her that is not the case. So I am at a loss at this point.