Woman upper lip hair

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Woman upper lip hair

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 9:27 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

PresAndrew
    Participant
    December 27, 2014 at 10:34 pm #69655
    Woman upper lip hair

This is an entirely serious question. I’ve been dating the girl I’m currently with for about 3 months. We recently became exclusive. Over the last few weeks, I’ve noticed she has what I consider a significant amount of upper lip hair. The only thing I can come up with is that she must have removed it before, and recently has stopped, because I don’t see how I could have missed it before. Anyway, the entire point–how in the world do I bring this up to her without offending? Is that even possible? I can’t believe her girlfriends wouldn’t say something. Perhaps this is one of those thing I just have to accept or wait and hope someone else says something rather than take the hit myself. I posted this in the woman’s topics because I wanted a woman’s perspective. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Andrew

Roxy
    Roxy
    Participant
    December 28, 2014 at 4:00 am #69662

Hi Andrew, oh this is a pretty sensitive subject. For me as a girl I’m very comfortable in my own skin and actually would prefer if my bf brought this up to me. But I think I would be a small minority. If you were to bring it up you would have to do so with keeping her feelings in mind. Maybe say that rather than keep it too yourself you wanted to be honest with her and didn’t want it to become a problem. If you feel however that she might take offence to this you could try a round about way of telling her. If you were watching TV and something like that was mentioned maybe just comment on it or maybe even get her a gift voucher for a beauty salon because she maybe hasn’t found the right time to get it redone and it would seem like a thoughtful gift. I must commend you for not jumping the gun and not leaving something like this make you want out and hope that this does get sorted. Your not shallow for thinking this.

Becca

PresAndrew
    Participant
    December 28, 2014 at 11:18 am #69663

Thanks for your advice. I’m the same way as you. For instance, I’ve had a girl mention to me before that one of my eyebrows was out of control. I’d never even thought of it , but I didn’t take offense and now clean it up a bit. But with her, she’s the type in the past that has asked me about her weight insisting for complete honesty, and then when I tell the truth she became quite upset. It was one of those deals where she was looking for an excuse not to workout or exercise ever, and while I think she looks absolutely fine (and I said so) I told the truth in that she could stand to improve a bit. I made sure to point out I could do the same, but it made no difference. I know that’s a bit off topic, but just to make the point she is a bit sensitive. I like the beauty salon idea…but are they guaranteed to point that out to her and do something about it? Is that common there? Yeah I mean ideally it will get taken care of and that will be that. Thanks.

Roxy
    Roxy
    Participant
    December 28, 2014 at 6:56 pm #69679

They wouldn’t be guaranteed to say it to her but if she asked them for suggestions they may do so. It would be more hoping that she would use the opportunity to get it redone. If she is very sensitive when it comes to her appearance she more than likely wouldn’t want to here something like this from you so I would say give the salon idea a go and see if it works. If not and it bothers you a lot you may have to bite the bullet and just tell her unfortunately.

lovelylinens
    Participant
    December 29, 2014 at 3:04 am #69689

Ok, don’t be too bold about it. Just suggest to her that it is somewhat noticeable and say that it is very common withe lot’s of girls. If it bothers you just tell her

sm2281
    Participant
    January 8, 2015 at 1:27 pm #70142

Don’t bring it up. She is probably already a little insecure about it. If it bothers you buy some nair for her and put it in a basket of other lady things and give it to her when she is on her period or something to disguise it. See if she uses it. . . Or get her a certificate to a salon waxine ag parlor.

I have a few stray hairs there as well. I am very insecure about them. It just peach fuzz but it is sensitive for me. I think that would be a good way to give her what she needs to take care of it. I use veet hair removal for it. . . but I would really like to get permanent hair removal there. I alwso have a few strays on my belly that grew when I was preggie. The doctor said it was because I had more hormones in my body and that was why there were hairs on my belly. I hate those too – and i use the nair on those. . . .

If you like her alot, or are falling in love with her you should accept for the way she is – even with the extra hairs.

sm2281
    Participant
    January 8, 2015 at 1:31 pm #70143

I just don’t think this is going to go well at all — if you tell her you think the hairs on her face alikre un attractive she would totally be offended and feel very insecure. . . .it would make me cry if my bf said anything like that to me.

If you don’t like the basket idea you could also get her a combo package at a day spa so then maybe it wouldnt be obvious that you don’t like the hair.

It’s just a little bit of hair. . . . .idk why we have to be so insecure about it. I am sure there is hair on everyones body that it unattractive. . . .