Woman Wants to Go Offline (Talk) Immediately

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:05 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

MASTERNC
    Participant
    November 8, 2015 at 7:44 pm #88115

Just went through the whole guided communication process on eHarmony with a 34-year-old woman (with a complete profile; her location is 20 minutes from me). I then sent a message looking to start a conversation (that might lead to a meeting after 2-3 back-and-forth messages, as is usually the case). However, her first message answered my one icebreaker question then asked if I wanted to talk (and that she looked forward to it). I responded I’d be interested after getting to know her and proceeded to ask more questions about here. She then responded (at 5AM on a Sunday) with short answers to my questions and then added her availability that day to talk (but no phone number). I have used online dating on & off for years and have never had someone want to go offline immediately.

I am thinking this is someone who is new to online dating or might not be who she says. Am I being overreactive in being hesitant to proceed?

JD123
    Participant
    November 16, 2015 at 8:40 am #88454

I would suggest speaking to her over the phone. if that goes ok but you’re still unsure you can always ask for a Facebook profile or something. at the end of the day online dating is a mind field and the majority of people have the right to feel some cautiousness. I’m not a fan of exchanging lots of email before proceeding to talking over the phone or arranging to meet up. too many emails can create a false sense os personality and even relationship some time. whats the worst that could happen – you don’t get on/don’t feel much of a connection, or it’s definitely not what you expected; block the number.