Womans Opinon: Mixed signals, is she interested?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 2:40 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Bees Nees
    Participant
    February 3, 2016 at 1:07 am #92745

We work together and she knows I like her, and has told me she’s not sure she sees me that way. However we’ve been on a couple of outings and I feel like I’m getting mixed signals…

On our first outing she was dressed pretty casually, jeans and hair done up. Nothing too fancy.
    However on our second outing she was dressed quite nicely, in clothes I wouldn’t necessarily wear for a game of lazer tag, with her hair down. On this outing we didn’t have much time since she had to be back at 9pm, however she drove an hour to meet with me, for only 3 1/2 hours, and then drove an hour back home?

On this outing I one armed hugged her, but was surprised when she leaned into it. We also looked for a coat for her, and while looking she had me holding her purse and coat as we went around the store, like a couple. For most of this outing we walked basically shoulder to shoulder, what you’d expect if you were going to hold hands, though we didn’t.

Bees Nees
    Participant
    February 3, 2016 at 1:19 am #92746

(Continued) I also noticed that she was keeping strong eye contact with me whenever we talked.
    Then the other night we went to Dennys after work. She’d had a bad night so I told her I’d treat her. Once again I noticed the strong eye contact, and when I met her eye contact shed look down after a bit. However when I pulled out my wallet to pay for the meal, she mentioned that I had a nice wallet and asked if she could see it. I didn’t think anything of it, but she looked at my wallet, then opened it and started to look through it?
    Lastly, at work the other day we were working the same floor. I noticed that she kept making eye contact with me and we’d both smile. I ended up doing a food run for the floor, and at the end she was full but had food left over. Me being a guy and still hungry, I requested that she give her leftovers to me instead of tossing them away.

Bees Nees
    Participant
    February 3, 2016 at 9:07 am #92747

(Continued) She ended up giving me her food, but then offered me her fork that she had just eaten off of to use. Now I have female friends, but they have never offered to share the fork they just ate off of…..
    I’ve also noticed at work, we’ll be talking with a group of friends and she’ll randomly shoulder bump me. Or randomly tap me on the back or chest.
    Honestly I’m confused, and could use some advice, seeing as I haven’t dated in a good bit. Oh and sorry for length, but I figured details might help you to get a better understanding.

Bees Nees
    Participant
    February 3, 2016 at 9:07 am #92748

She gave me her food, but then offered me her fork that she just ate off of. I have female friends, but none of them have ever shared their fork, especially one they just ate off of.

tgg
    Participant
    February 4, 2016 at 10:02 pm #92972

I think you’re right to be a tad confused. She seems to be interested but maybe just as friends. I for one have offered a fork or lollipop to both guy and girl friends of mine but they were normally rather close to me. She may just be trying to keep it friendly or is shy and poking and tapping you is her way of getting attention from you, which if you’ve noticed she is doing all of this, she may be interested and just hasn’t admitted it to herself yet… But I don’t know, forks and food are reserved for close friends and significant others for myself so maybe she sees you as a good friend if she says she “didn’t see you that way.” There’s nothing wrong with a little flirting, maybe flirt a little with her, she may just be shy. 🙂

Idontevenknow
    Participant
    February 5, 2016 at 2:39 pm #93015

Maybe she hasn’t realized yet that she does see you that way. From your story, with the random shoulder bumps or back and chest taps, the eye contact thing and walking shoulder to shoulder, it seems to me that she is interested. But hey, I’m quite inept when it comes to reading women, or at least when it comes to reading women in the moment. I usually realize the signs they have been giving off about a day later, which is obviously not very useful. Anyway, from my point of view she seems interested. Maybe you should try to make a move, see what happens. Or talk to her about it.

laburnum
    Participant
    February 6, 2016 at 11:50 pm #93083

Coming from a woman- is she shy? If she’s shy then she’s probably interested just nervous. However, if she isn’t shy then I have to say she’s playing you. I know it sucks to hear but that was my first reaction when I read this

harensarma
    Participant
    February 7, 2016 at 1:22 am #93086

hmm looks like interested

Bees Nees
    Participant
    February 7, 2016 at 3:18 pm #93121

Hey thanks for the responses, works been busy so I haven’t been able to check in on my post.

As for if she’s shy or not, I would say that she is. From what other co-workers have told me, they thought that she and I were already dating, they even seemed surprised when I told them we werent. Even one of her good friends thought we were dating, said something about we seemed to naturally flow together/ chemistry?
    Her friend also told me, that other co-workers had approached her and she kind of just brushed them off, but that I was different, that she seemed quite close to me. She referenced the fact that she’s always waiting to walk in and out of work with me.

Another friend referenced her defense of me, at the time I didn’t interpret it as such, but it may have been just that.

The woman I’m interested in also told me she had two really bad relationships, so I’m wondering if perhaps she’s being cautious? Knowing this I’ve been taking things slowly with her.