women judging women

DATING ADVICE FORUM

women judging women

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 3:49 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

blogitt_now
    Participant
    November 1, 2012 at 6:42 pm #15760
    women judging women

It’s unfortunate but it happens so often. I hate it when so many powerful women riot about equal rights but behind closed doors they snicker and behave so childish. I guess I’m venting too but it’s something that we should be able to talk about, it’s not fair to talk behind each other’s back and preach something different in front of others.

sara
    sara
    Participant
    November 22, 2012 at 12:04 am #17102

Exactly, I totally agree with you. I dislike it when people speak behind my back. If you have the guts then come and speak to me directly.

Anonymous
    November 26, 2012 at 12:30 pm #17205

Gossip and betrayal run rampid among women! It has gone on since the beginning of time! Think about it….back in the day, it was normal in many places of the world where there were several wives to 1 husband. It instantly sets up competition between women. Who looks the prettiest, who has the most sex appeal, who can meet the man’s needs the best….and I’m sure back then, the husband’s tastes changed daily, although I’m sure he had is “favorites”. We have been setup since the beginning of time to compete with each other. Sadly, although this is not necessary anymore in most cultures, there is a primal thing that lives in us all, that is always sizing up other women. And as manipulative and passive aggressive as women can be, it destroys the best of our gender.

The best we can do….and the way that I choose to counteract it, is to forgive. Show grace to those ladies who feel the need to conquer or belittle other women. Show your own acceptance of the beautiful beings that we can be, in our best form. And when others gossip and cause harm to our own gender, then showing forgiveness and not judging them in return is the best way to change the energy and be a better example to those that are watching.

This is sooo hard to do, but well worth the effort. You would be surprised how not participating in the judgment and anger of backstabbing and gossip, changes the energy of the whole situation into something much more powerful and effective.

good_burger
    Participant
    November 27, 2012 at 5:23 pm #17389

Well said heidi!

Catalyst68
    Catalyst68
    Participant
    November 27, 2012 at 5:55 pm #17407

I always tell my sister the best thing you can do is rise above the situation. People may say your snooty, or a snob, but the truth is theyre mad you wont get involved in their petty rivalries.

Becky
    Becky
    Participant
    November 30, 2012 at 5:13 am #17722

It’s great to stand up, but it’s pretty lousy when you’re hypocritical when you do it.

I’ve always found the feminist movement kind of weird. Sure it was great in the 1950s when gender indifferences were obvious, but they’re not like that any more. We DO have pretty equal rights as far as jobs, and education.

The gender differences in regard to social situations and starting a family are biological; and not really something that should be hammered as much as it is.

It almost seems like many feminists like to protest and riot out of sheer boredom and a desire to fit in, rather than actually standing up for something.

Also, I apologize if I offended anyone – that wasn’t my intention.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Becky Becky.

Anonymous
    November 30, 2012 at 12:32 pm #17799

Becky…I love your thoughts. There definitely is a lot of truth in what you are saying. I would disagree with you on the equal rights with jobs and education comment though. We, as women, have definitely come VERY far however, we still have a ways to go. Women are still not equal in all aspects of life. And that’s ok….we are all working it.