Work/Personal got in way, or lost interest??

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2017 at 6:29 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Sara120284
    Participant
    March 27, 2017 at 11:32 pm #131316

I came out of a 10 year relationship and met an amazing guy on a dating website, he ended up waiting a month to go on a date with me til I was ready to meet. Had a great first date and we hung out 2 more times, he was making all the moves of asking me to hang out and even asked if he could kiss me the last time we were together. We had texted and sent long emails almost every day for 2 months so things seemed to be going really good but then texts got few & far between. His busy season at work started which is nearly 12 hrs/6 day work weeks from mid Jan to mid April. On V-Day he texted me and said sorry he hadn’t been texting that he had some personal stuff going on and was busy and stressed from work and needed to take some time away from talking. I sent him a text back saying I understood , hadn’t heard back from him so 2 weeks later sent a text saying hoped he was doing ok and that I missed talking to him. He replied that he missed talking also and wished he had more free time.

Sara120284
    Participant
    March 27, 2017 at 11:32 pm #131317

I sent a few more texts over the next couple weeks and never really heard back so decided to get bold and ask if he wanted to meet up. He responded that he hasn’t had any time for anything and is not in a good place right now to really have a relationship, that he had some big career and life decisions to make soon and didn’t want to lead me on. I wished him the best and said that if he wanted to keep in touch or catch up down the road that he had my #. So I really can’t make anymore moves now that I left the ball in his court. Maybe just send a text in a few weeks asking how things are going for him??? He hasn’t been on the dating website in nearly 2 months, so I truly don’t believe he met anyone else with the limited free time he has, and just don’t know what happened as things were going great, if work and personal matters just truly got in the way for him or if he lost interest??

dmx378
    Participant
    March 28, 2017 at 1:31 pm #131355

Based off what you said, I feel like this guy genuinely became too busy. It doesn’t sound like he completely lost interest in you, just that he just has a lot of things in his life going on with work and whatnot that he has to figure out. Texting him in a month or so couldn’t hurt. If it’s meant to be he’ll come around eventually, but otherwise I personally wouldn’t wait around unless you really feel like he’s worth it.

loverboy
    Participant
    March 28, 2017 at 2:58 pm #131375

There is too little time in this world. Don’t be too busy chasing earthly things. Do things that make you happy as long as they are not sinful. My advice is: go to someone who is not too busy to love