Worried my boyfriend will visit a hooker while in Cuba

Author
    Comments

• dancinggirl
    Participant
    May 1, 2017 at 1:22 pm #135014
    Worried my boyfriend will visit a hooker while in Cuba

Hi everyone,

My boyfriend of 4 years is in Cuba for the next four days with his mother and sister visiting his son and grandson who live there. I could not go for work reasons.

They left last night and will be there until Thursday. And I am living every day in panic, fear, anxiety and depression while he is there. I am worried he will be propositioned by a hooker or he will find a woman to have cheap sex with while he is away from me. I fulfill all his sexual desires but I am not there to do that right now. And I worry if he gets horny, he will use the opportunity to pay a hooker for sex, because it is so cheap and so available there. He is staying in a private home.

To top it all off, he says he cannot contact me because there is no internet and he has no data plan. So, he is going to be out of touch and this scares me. I worry he is doing it on purpose to emotionally disconnect with me while having a good time there.

How do I get through the next 4 days?

I’m so distraught!

eddieb
    Participant
    May 1, 2017 at 1:54 pm #135015

>> How do I get through the next 4 days?

You have bigger problems. You are in a four year relationship and you don’t trust your boyfriend. That doesn’t change when he gets back. Yes, he can probably find a hooker in Cuba and you’d never find out about it. You either trust the guy or you don’t. He’ll either cheat or he won’t.

>> I worry he is doing it on purpose to emotionally disconnect with me while having a good time there.

Again, bigger problems than this trip. True, Cuba has lousy internet access and it can be a pain to make calls to the US. But not impossible. If it was important for him to be able to get in contact with you on this trip, he’d find a way.

He’s already gone and has chosen to be incommunicado, so you can’t bring any of this up before or during the trip, so use this vacation to self-reflect on the relationship and decide whether to have a deep conversation and/or counseling with the guy when he gets back.

nkygirl12
    Participant
    May 9, 2017 at 8:13 pm #135915

You should trust him! If he’s visiting family, then he would hardly have time to do anything else. Do you trust that he loves you? Has he ever given you any reason to not trust him?

lovie4you
    lovie4you
    Participant
    May 10, 2017 at 12:45 pm #135990

First I think you might be jumping to a conclusion, you might have to give him a little space, what I am trying to say if you are in a happy romantic relationship then you to trust one another because he could be thinking the same about you’ I’m not saying he is but a relationship is built on trust. When he comes back to welcome him home with open arms tell him about you miss him and try to get him to talk about his trip get to ask him questions do not question him about another woman it will show that you didn’t trust use your own judgement and be nice trust me a woman will be able to know if something is not right with his attitude towards you or his actions. I do hope everything works out.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    May 10, 2017 at 3:16 pm #136013

he’s not going to be hooking up with hookers or get horny around his mom, kids, etc. hello!
    i have a friend vistin cuba who also mentioned the lack of wifi – so there is no maliciousness there.
    sounds like to me he’s being very honets and you are working yourself up in frenzy for no reason. why?

this is all internal to you. I do not see any reason for this worrying – and tha’ts based on what i nkow about travelling to Cuba as well as wha tyou’ve said.

The other poster is correct: if you can’t trust your bf when he’s given you zero reason to distrust him – then you have some problems you have to work on. This is all YOU, not him.

lonely_girl24
    Participant
    May 16, 2017 at 12:22 am #136504

If he’s with family there’s no need for you to worry! And especially after 4 years of being together I wouldn’t stress at all!

clementine000
    Participant
    May 19, 2017 at 11:37 am #136935

I wouldn’t stress! Unless there really is a reason for you not to trust him, such as cheating incidents in the past. If that’s the case, get rid of him!