Worst Mix Messages in the World. Help!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 9:13 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Garbi
    Participant
    November 29, 2014 at 11:03 am #68302

I would really appreciate the help so thank you in advanced.
    It is long and probably will be 2 posts.

I like to think of myself as rather successful when reading people but this most recent person I have been seeing has completely baffled me.

We did meet online and did not talk very much (my own fault) before I gave him my number and he called me to make plans to go out the end of that week. We went out, drinks turned to dinner, then he walked me home. He ended up going in for the kiss but it was very heavy and make-outy to begin with. I told him when I got to my house I wasn’t that type of girl but still had a good time. He reassured me he wasn’t like that and said he would text me when he got home.

He texted me that night saying he had a good time and then I did not hear from him for 3 days (ugh). On the third day he sent me a “hope you had a good weekend” generic text and I tried to keep the conversation going… with little success. This is where it gets strange…

Garbi
    Participant
    November 29, 2014 at 11:07 am #68303

I guess he called me on Wednesday (I did not see it… or listen to the voicemail) and then texted me Friday for dinner. I told him 3 hours advanced is a little too short and I did not have my phone on me so could not go… etc. etc. I said I would like to another night possibly. (To be honest, I did not expect to hear from him anymore so I was going on a different date that night.)

He did not respond till the next day and when I teased him for taking so long, He addressed the fact he didn’t want to wait days for a no or yes and did not want a paragraph length explanation. I was confused, and after being direct with each other I realized he HAD tried to make follow-up plans earlier in the week, etc. etc. So I apologized and asked if we could try again He said he would like that and I told him I thought he was not interested and wasn’t looking for anything passed one night. He told me “If I did not care I would not have been upset” and “He is not a dick and I should get to know him

HoneyBee83
    Participant
    November 29, 2014 at 8:04 pm #68351

Seems like you came off as uninterested in him. Make solid plans and see how things go. Remember that not everyone is glued to their phone So don’t get discouraged if it takes some time to get ahold of him.

Garbi
    Participant
    December 1, 2014 at 9:17 am #68305

” I said I was big into staying in contact with people and not hearing from him for a week kind of turned me off. After that he made a point to talk to me all day everyday until we went to our second date. (Granted, he constantly would bring up things we should do together on our ‘next’ date)

So a week later, we went to the movies together. I did not know how to greet him so went for a hug (we had made out a lot the first night….) and we started to watch the movie. He was very handsy in a cuddly way (not sexual), at one point he gave me a shoulder massage, and then gently kissed/played with my ear. Which anyone that knows me, knows that is my weakness.

So I could only keep my poker face for so long before I buckled and we ended up making out in the theater. It got a little more touchy so we decided to leave early and go back to his place. (Which is already strange for me to be doing) Long story short, we had sex, I might have insulted him by accident, and then I was attempting

Garbi
    Participant
    December 1, 2014 at 9:17 am #68306

to leave but he kept telling me I should stay. He had some work to do on his computer but then he was free. So I ended up falling asleep in his bed afterwards (I had not slept the night prior)… after he was done he climbed into bed and we cuddled till we fell asleep. The next morning we talked, got ready for work together, and on our way out he kind of reached for my hand but then stopped/we had to cross/i don’t even know. I noticed I was having a hard time to hold a conversation with him again… I was doing all the talking and it seemed like he had little input. (He seems to do this when he is focusing on something else…. like when he tried to kiss me.)

So when the T got to his stop, he said… this is my stop and again I did not know if I should kiss him or not, so we did a half awkward hug and he left. An hour later he texted me to have a good day…. Ok. So now we are mostly caught up.

The thing is… I want to say 4 or 5 days after that night, he would always text me

Garbi
    Participant
    December 1, 2014 at 9:17 am #68307

He would always text me once a day (or every other max) but his responses were slow/not that in depth. Granted, he never was that in depth but it seemed like he was responding more infrequently. I do not know if that is because he is embarrassed about that night. (Something happened that he apologized to me for) If maybe he thought I still was not interested… or maybe we just don’t click and do not have much to say to each other. I guess my question is, what do you think his view on this is? I am thinking maybe he is still shy/nervous (he has admitted that he feels like he has embarrassed himself a few times since chatting)… or not into it? If so why initiate a text once a day (even if it takes forever to respond.) He will tell me things like “just did a jog” or whatever, but if I say I had a great day – he does not know how to ask questions in return. Which usually says to me… not interested. He has been texting more at night the last few days… and asked me out again. Also…

Garbi
    Participant
    December 1, 2014 at 9:17 am #68308

what the heck do I do with the PDA? It is so awkward. I don’t know if maybe he is just VERY inexperienced. To me he is SO handsome and charming and has a decent job so I can only imagine girls are all over him. Plus, he is really fit without being obnoxiously large. But also – when he did kiss me… it was unique to say the least.