Worth the stress

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Worth the stress

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:59 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

KeatonSterling
    Participant
    March 27, 2015 at 11:54 pm #76240
    Worth the stress

I decided to begin a long distance relationship with a college sophomore two weeks before I left for bootcamp. I am in the Navy nuclear power training program meaning my focus is primarily on study. We’ve been together 9 months and often talk of getting married, our future life together, etc. What worries me Is she is 19 years old and attending college in Florida. I don’t know her friends, and although I want to trust her it’s difficult sometimes. We usually see each other for a weekend every month, and talk every night.

The problem I have is the stress the relationship causes sometimes interferes with my work and study. She is an only child and demands a great deal of attention which I feel I can’t satisfy. She sometimes isn’t very understanding of my situation but I have no explicit proof she isn’t committed. Is it worth all the stress trying to make this relationship work? Or would I be better off finding someone who is more mature and understands my situation a little better?

mark0831
    Participant
    March 29, 2015 at 11:01 am #76247

If it’s gonna work out, there’s nothing you can do to stop it; if not, there’s nothing you can do to make it work. I’m 10 yrs older than my girlfriend; we’ve been together almost a year, and if we hadn’t been through what we’ve been thru.. if we both weren’t exactly where we are, then I doubt we’d have a chance together at all. Thing is… We don’t necessarily get to pick who we’re with; it’s ultimately up to God who you wind up with (in my opinion).
    Dude, I’d say try not to stress & stick it out. She is young, but if it’s real, it won’t go away.

andres0101
    Participant
    April 4, 2015 at 8:14 pm #76692

Very few long distance relationships survive, so know that it will in fact be vey difficult. I think you should stick with her for more time and then re- evaluate if she is worth the stress. Sometimes you need to make priorities in your life and if you want to be with her, she has to be one of them.