Would it work out?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Would it work out?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 10:31 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

July 19, 2015 at 3:56 pm #83022
    Would it work out?

Recently ive gotten back in touch with a girl i knew in highschool, and we really hit it off again, i “loved” her back in highschool, but this time i have really fallen for her, we are not in a relationship, just fooling around basically. She is very much a live life in the fast lane kind of woman, and im not so much. She has told me that if she ever settled down and calmed down, it would be with me. Would a relationship work between us is my question, were very close and have a lot in common, the sex is great, but every time i ask her out on a date etc. she says she doesnt think it would be fair on me, because she generally fucks over her ex boyfriends. How could i convince her its worth a shot? thats if itd work, im unsure.

BenEaster
    BenEaster
    Participant
    July 20, 2015 at 2:34 am #83031

Well first of all, I think it is really important that you can’t “convince her” of anything. If you went to the pound to adopt a dog and you play with a dog who doesn’t really do it for you, nothing the attendant says about the dog is going to convince you to change your mind. The only thing that could possibly work is if you somehow start to feel differently about the dog. You’ll only have a chance with this girl if she feels like it is worth it. Work on the heart, not the head.

Also, are you sure this is a good idea for you? Can you handle the “live life in the fast lane” thing? What she is trying to prepare you for is her possibly sleeping with someone else or dropping you like your hot. What do you think she means when she says that she “generally fucks over her ex boyfriends?”

In conclusion, make her feel really good around you and be careful what you wish for…

Good luck!

zach94
    Participant
    July 20, 2015 at 9:33 pm #83065

BenEaster hit the nail on the head.
    The only thing I would add is next time you pick her up or she heads to your place, buy her flowers, send her texts telling her you’re thinking of her, have her get the feel of a relationship with you. BUT again, BenEaster is right, if she’s telling you that she might fool around with an ex or something, which it sounds like she is saying that, don’t get involved! I dated a chick like that, who I looked at how you do with her. and it didn’t last a month before she cheated. If she wants a relationship with you, she’ll be willing to lie to you about how she is, just for you to look her way. She’ll want you to think she’s an innocent chick since you’re not a fast lane dude. Don’t change yourself for a woman and don’t set yourself for disaster.
    I wish you luck with it and hope if you decide to pursue her, that she doesn’t screw you over.

Anonymous
    July 21, 2015 at 7:46 am #83070

dude the girl basically just want to f*ck. you see we are not only roses and butterflies and chocolates. Women today has change already, they know what they want. Don’t waste your time if you are looking for the serious type.

morterman
    Participant
    July 21, 2015 at 11:35 pm #83107

I agree with above Anonymous. Dont waste your time

wt
    Participant
    July 22, 2015 at 6:24 am #83113

Shes bound to cheat on you if you ever do get in a relationship just leave it