Would you put this in an online dating profile?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 8:54 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

osubsu
    Participant
    March 17, 2016 at 11:37 am #95907

It’s a personal thing but I wonder if it’s worth being up front about. I don’t believe in sex outside of marriage. Today that is increasingly rare. I am sure there are women who would pass on me if they knew I had that conviction so perhaps it would save us both time rather than waiting until something starts to happen and then putting a stop to it and explaining your beliefs. You could wait until you’ve met a few times to see if there is any chemistry but it could still be a big disappointment to them to then find out how you feel.

Would you put that in your profile if you felt that way?

tesslap
    Participant
    March 17, 2016 at 10:55 pm #95987

I don’t think that you need to explain yourself. Just saying that you don’t believe in sex until marriage is completely understandable and mot people would respect that. However, if you want to explain yourself, I would just stop after beliefs.

SeekerOfStones
    SeekerOfStones
    Participant
    August 6, 2017 at 11:44 pm #144407

I do think you should mention your personal preference about not having sex before marriage. You might be surprised at the number of people who agree with that. jmho, of course!

odin77
    Participant
    August 7, 2017 at 1:16 am #144409

If that’s what I believed, and it was that important to me, I would definitely include that in an online dating profile

Lostinontario
    Participant
    August 7, 2017 at 5:25 am #144426

I see nothing wrong wirh adding it. Your being upfront and honest . That in itsself is rare. I say do it. Be honest and be yourself.