wtf is he trying to say?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

wtf is he trying to say?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2017 at 12:35 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Anonymous
    May 6, 2016 at 4:13 pm #99921
    wtf is he trying to say?

so this guy and I have been back and forth with the almost-dating thing for a few months now. we are both very connected to each other and care for each other. only issue is the guy is still recovering from a painful breakup (i don’t know the details) and appears scared to put himself out there for anyone. even for me, a girl he so greatly cares for and has introduced to his entire family and friends. we lost touch for a couple months, mainly bc i knew it was pointless to pursue him when he was still recovering from his ex…this week i received a cryptic text message from him with some lyrics form Pearl Jam’s “Nothingman” there were the lyrics: “She once believed, in every story he had to tell, one day she stiffened, took the other side” The song is about the regret about leaving someone for nothing. What is he trying to say? is this how he feels about me? or is this how he wants me to feel about him? if you aren’t familiar with this song i suggest you look it up writing a response.

Oryeth
    Participant
    May 8, 2016 at 12:10 pm #99955

Best way to find out is to ask him straight up

bella2550
    Participant
    May 9, 2016 at 9:05 am #99932

If you want to be with him, I say go for it. There is nothing wrong with you inviting him for coffee. Or if you don’t want to be that forward drop hints about wanting to try this new sushi restaurant or something. As for the song, maybe he just wanted to get your attention and really misses you.

bella2550
    Participant
    May 9, 2016 at 9:05 am #99933

He is probably trying to get your attention and hint that he misses you. Maybe even that he is ready to move on. I say go for it. Ask him what he wants from this relationship.

geedwardo
    Participant
    May 9, 2016 at 3:52 pm #100012

Def ask what he wants?

Anonymous
    May 11, 2016 at 9:17 am #100044

we met up and discussed the whole situation. i received contradicting answers. one minute he says he’s in love with me, the next he says its too late bc I’m too old and he’s “destined to be alone”. he uses me as a show pony around his friends and family and when no one is around he wants to have sex but nothing else. no dates, o intimacy, no real talks. I’m heartbroken to realize the reality is that he will invest nothing in me in any way and it is my own risk if i chose to give my love or any of myself to him. i serve a purpose of temporary satisfaction for him and he is so good at sweet talking me into these situations. i always hope it will be different but it always leaves me feeling the same. he might miss me, he might even be in love with me but he’ll never give me the love i want and deserve. I’m devastated and feel like a fool. he got what he wanted and I’m left empty and broken again.

RyanMlove
    Participant
    May 11, 2016 at 9:23 am #100106

I think it is pretty obvious by almost all the comments written above that talking to him face to face is the best option for you. This does not mean bringing up the topic first thing when you guys meet but gradually develop a conversation about this topic so you can talk freely.

jaroslavprossv
    Participant
    May 11, 2016 at 1:23 pm #100172

I think you should just honestly ask…not over text but face to face…

californiablonde
    Participant
    May 17, 2016 at 9:25 pm #100697

Given the events of your most recent conversation its time to distance yourself. If he can’t give you what you want/need and it makes you feel hurt or foolish then he does not deserve your attention.I am sorry.

Chipagators
    Chipagators
    Participant
    May 17, 2016 at 10:26 pm #100699
    Reply To: wtf is he trying to say?

Guys usually like to have a straight answers, i wouldn’t “dance all over the place” I would ask him straight up whats going on ? and be patient with him for he may not be able to express himself easily I can relate to this because sometimes i even have a hard expressing myself because i have fears that the other person i care about might be secretly judging me…

patrickJay
    Participant
    May 18, 2016 at 6:46 pm #100749

Think you should ask him in person!

helpmepleasepig
    Participant
    May 22, 2016 at 11:01 am #100956

You deserve so much more than him. I understand completely. I’m 100% in love with someone who’s so hurt he can’t alow himself to love me
    You can’t continue to pursue

Louie97
    Participant
    May 24, 2016 at 12:12 pm #101172

stupsee this guy seems very mixed up. I would suggest that you move on.

CbsSheb
    Participant
    May 24, 2016 at 6:05 pm #101254

If he flat out did not care not sure why he would take the time to contact you.

restling3
    Participant
    May 25, 2016 at 3:36 am #101288

better confront him

1 2