Yes it's one of those mornings….

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 12:59 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Anonymous
    August 9, 2015 at 1:08 pm #83774

I joined my first online dating site because my profession isn’t conducive to meeting men. Surprisingly I met a wonderful out of state guy and he was the real deal! We had so much in common and intense chemistry. He expressed that if all went well he’d be open to relocating within the year. We were both smitten and missed one another when we couldn’t chat. I decided to give him my number, but before I did I was nervous and expressed my doubts about the potential of starting a long distance relationship. After all it’s like dating a ghost! I admit I was juvenile in my delivery and apparently came off as an over analyzing headcase. He’s mature and seriously pondered what I carelessly communicated. He politely stated last night that he no longer wanted to pursue things because he doesn’t think I’m cut out for long distance. It’s over:( I’m SO upset with myself and can’t help but feeling like that doll on the shelf that’s missing an arm that no ones “really” going to ever take home.

JeffS
    Participant
    August 10, 2015 at 10:57 am #83823

Did you actually meet him in person? If not, how do you know what he was?
    Also, I’d be cautious of anyone who is talking about the next step before you actually hit it off in person. People come across very differently over texts than in person.

justwondering0
    Participant
    August 12, 2015 at 4:45 am #83938

If you never met him in person then i mean nothing really started besides online communication. If you ever met someone in person they can be total turds compared to how they are online chat/email. Pro-tip– communication with men you find interesting and set updates and you will slowly see you did not miss out on anything and that you most likely dodges a bullet.

NinaMarie
    Participant
    August 14, 2015 at 4:56 pm #84115

I agree with the others that if you hadn’t yet met him, nothing is really lost. I know the disappointment hurts at first even so, but trust me, that feeling will pass pretty quickly. Sometimes people seem ‘larger than life’ online than they really are. I know, because I’ve done the same thing myself and built up a sort of idealized picture of someone who I thought I clicked with online, but really didn’t know at all, when it came down to it. Hang in there.