Young teens dating

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Young teens dating

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 6:09 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Mommy127
    Participant
    April 17, 2017 at 1:52 pm #133459
    Young teens dating

I’m a confused mom. My 12 year old daughter goes to a weekly fun school and says she has fallen in love with 14 year old boy. He says he’s fallen for her too. They both say they’re not ready for a commited relationship but want to be close. They have side-hugged and said “love you” to each other. She said he has mentioned that he said something about that he can’t even drive yet. That worries me that when he is 16 he suspects that he can drive my daughter around town and go on dates. I have talked to his mom and she completely agrees no dating till 18, and we want them to have a courtship and not date. But this boys dad is encouraging him to hug my daughter and say “love you”. I don’t agree with this whatsoever and neither does my husband. But the one thing that also worries me is that one night my daughter cried till one or two a.m. Saying she doesn’t now how she feels. I think she is feeling pressured by him. When should we let them date? And what dates should we allow (group dates)?

Louis Richards
    Participant
    April 17, 2017 at 8:49 pm #133467

Hey!! I am not a parent yet, but If I was in your place I would not let them date! kids nowadays are way different than kids before..Some of them start their sexual life way too early, I think its important to protect kids. If you guys let them date well make sure it’s a group date but not let them be alone. Some girls feel pressured by guys and end up doing things they regret later.

I hope it helps!

PeterArnold
    Participant
    April 18, 2017 at 10:01 am #133468

Hey!! I am not a parent yet, but If I was in your place I would not let them date! kids nowadays are way different than kids before..Some of them start their sexual life way too early, I think its important to protect kids. If you guys let them date well make sure it’s a group date but not let them be alone. Some girls feel pressured by guys and end up doing things they regret later.

I hope it helps!

I agree

clairey
    Participant
    April 19, 2017 at 1:44 pm #133685

I am a mum of 2 daughters (16 & 5) and I would not them date either especially if she doesn’t know how she feels and she is only 12, I never let my oldest have any boyfriends at all at least not so young.

stuckonhim21
    Participant
    April 20, 2017 at 3:31 am #133757

I agree as well supervised dating at their age is appropriate. They may find it weird or that you are all up in their business but in the long run they will be thankful. They don’t yet understand the consequences of doing adult things prematurely especially at their age. They need to understand they have their whole lives to live and if they are meant to be then they will be but they can’t rush into it

Mommy127
    Participant
    May 1, 2017 at 1:21 pm #135013

Okay I found out that she is pressuring herself. They are wanting to hug and hold hands but should we or shouldn’t we let them? She says she thinks they love each other as much as a 14 and 12 year old could love someone else. She struggles from anxiety and she said sometimes she just wishes that he could hold her and tell her everything will be alright. She is worried and cries because everyone is telling her that they won’t work out. She said that just the thought of losing him makes her want to curl up in a ball and she feels like she is being tortured. What should I do?