younger chics

DATING ADVICE FORUM

younger chics

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2017 at 7:00 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

JimmyK
    Participant
    November 1, 2012 at 2:21 pm #15570
    younger chics

My SO is 5 years younger than I am, I’ve been given a lot of slack from my parents. I’m 24 and she’s 19. She’s a mature girl and it’s not a problem with my friends but I’m curious if I should wait for her to turn 21 or something, too much pressure from my parents and it’s getting out of hand.

OhReallyOReilly
    OhReallyOReilly
    Participant
    November 1, 2012 at 3:09 pm #15766

What kind of pressure do you mean?

JimmyK
    Participant
    November 14, 2012 at 4:09 pm #16165

Just like they keep saying i should be with someone closer to me in age bc shes not mature enough. But i really think she is.

AngelsFly
    AngelsFly
    Participant
    November 14, 2012 at 4:10 pm #16166

Well if you think that then you stay with her and to hell with what everyone else thinks

capers
    capers
    Participant
    November 15, 2012 at 12:03 pm #16309

Yea don’t think about it too much, if you’re being smart and doing the right things your relationship will last. Be careful that she’s younger though, you might run into some drama.

hundtington
    hundtington
    Participant
    November 21, 2012 at 12:34 pm #17005

capers wrote:Yea don’t think about it too much, if you’re being smart and doing the right things your relationship will last. Be careful that she’s younger though, you might run into some drama.

Darma with younger girls has got to be the worst thing ever. You get all wrapped up in their petty problems and you can’t calm them down

stevie
    stevie
    Participant
    November 23, 2012 at 11:12 am #17126

I don’t see the problem. You are old enough to make your own decisions but if you need more time, why not take it. Life is too short to worry about what others think, even your parents.

Anonymous
    November 27, 2012 at 11:31 am #17315

Ladies mature much faster than men….physically, emotionally and spiritually. I can definitely understand how a 19 year girl old can date a 25 year old man.

There are some challenges in that you are both in very different phases of life. She is just beginning the college aged mindset and you are heading into more of an adult, career, settle down and figure out your life mindset. That can create some challenges.

Reality is though….either you like her enough to deal with others’ opinions or you don’t. If it’s too much pressure and too much drama for you to handle from your parents, then you made your decision…you would rather keep the peace with your family than fight to keep her. Whatever you decide….commit to it and give it your full attention….the more you sit on the fence, the less you know what you really want. Decide one way or the other and jump off the fence….once you jump, then you’ll get a lot more information about how you feel about your decision…you then will either feel good about what you decided or you won’t and you’ll jump over to the other side….either way….just decide and then go from there!

good luck!