|Ease of Use||3.7|
Chemistry.com, which is a partner site to Match.com, aims to pair compatible singles through a variety of personalized options and chemistry tests. The site boasts its ability to help members get to know someone online in order to make the first date feel like the second. Similar to eHarmony, but with a smaller user base and an accepting approach to all sexualities, Chemistry.com is a solid choice for commitment-minded singles.
Chemistry.com serves both heterosexual and gay singles and has 4 million members, mainly to singles 35 and older.
Though considerably smaller to Match.com, Chemistry.com has an impressive 1.6 million visits every month.
Most Chemistry.com members are women, with a gender ratio of 56 percent female compared to 44 percent males.
Chemistry.com’s registration begins with a fun personality quiz that takes about 30-40 minutes. Questions range from multiple choice and short answer, to a selection of images.
The sections include:
- My Personality.
- About Me.
- About My Match.
- In My Own Words.
- My Photos.
- Receive at least five match suggestions daily, each complete with background information and ways contact the match.
- Users get to know matches through entertaining activities like the “I’m Interested” button and can send each other questions that are out of the norm.
- Users can hide their profile at any time.
Ease of Use
Chemistry.com has a more basic layout compared to Match.com, but its simplistic page directory makes site navigation ideal. Once new members register, the personality assessment and matching system are easy to follow. The simple search tools consist of basic options, and users also can sort by specific criteria. Search results provide members with a large dating pool where each match is given a probability of chemistry, making it easy to choose between matches.
Like Match.com, Chemistry.com has email and phone support. Customer service representatives are available Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Central Standard Time.
Pros and Cons
- Engaging personality evaluation.
- Suggested matches provided on a regular basis with personality comparisons.
- Fun ways to flirt with other members.
- Customer service available by phone and email.
- Must pay for a membership in order to search for matches outside of provided search results.
- Not enough information in the dating advice section.
- Automated replies from email support.
* DatingAdvice.com makes great effort to maintain accurate data for our visitors. However, as certain data may change without notice to us, it is presented as is and without warranty. Visit and gender numbers are based on data provided by third-party websites and are estimates only. Always check current pricing and other terms on a dating site before completing sign-up. Thank you for reading this far, and for visiting DatingAdvice.com. Reviewed by DatingAdvice.com Experts - Feb 18, 2014