|Ease of Use||4.6|
eHarmony is one of the most sophisticated sites in that takes all the work out of finding that special someone. Once users complete a comprehensive personality test, eHarmony finds singles for you based on compatibility. Accounting for 2 percent of U.S. marriages, the site's compatibility-based matching system and serious user base are ideal for those seeking a lifelong partner. An average of 542 members marry every day in the U.S. as a result of being matched on eHarmony.
|All Straight Singles*|
eHarmony's dating service is designed exclusively for heterosexual singles ages 18 and older.
eHarmony's popularity is easy to see given its national advertising campaigns and 4.1 million monthly visitors.
The site's gender ratio is comparable to Match.com's, with 48 percent males and 52 percent females.
- The personality assessment and the “Something to Talk About” feature gives you plenty of room to talk about yourself and your ideal partner.
- A more structured portion of the matching system includes Guided Communication, a four-step process where users complete the “About Me,” “10 Must Haves” and “10 Can’t Stands” sections, and then send icebreaker questions and messages to potential matches.
- Active user forums.
- Suggested conversation starters.
- Large section for dating advice.
- Gift memberships for friends and family.
Ease of Use
While eHarmony doesn’t provide matching search options for its users, the site’s layout is simple and easy to maneuver, with clearly-labeled sections to help you move from one page to the next. Registration does take about an hour to complete, but it’s well worth it because eHarmony processes your information quickly in order to provide you with the best match suggestions. The site also offers lots of additional information on dating, navigating the site and utilizing every feature.
eHarmony offers both phone and email customer support.
Pros and Cons
- Large user base.
- Optimum privacy with secure dating options.
- Reliable compatibility matching.
- Suggested matches help users comb through millions of options.
- Limited free communication.
- Timely process to complete a profile.
- Cannot search for your own matches.
- Not for singles looking for casual dates.
- Membership packages are more costly.
* DatingAdvice.com makes great effort to maintain accurate data for our visitors. However, as certain data may change without notice to us, it is presented as is and without warranty. Visit and gender numbers are based on data provided by third-party websites and are estimates only. Always check current pricing and other terms on a dating site before completing sign-up. Thank you for reading this far, and for visiting DatingAdvice.com. Reviewed by DatingAdvice.com Experts - Feb 19, 2014