|Ease of Use|
Matchmaker.com caters to singles in the 35 and up age range that are looking for deep relationships. The site’s matching system suggests similar profiles and provides helpful search capabilities, making it easy to navigate the multiple matching tools. Geared to older professionals, Matchmaker’s small and focused user base pairs like-minded individuals seeking long-term partners. According to its site, Matchmaker.com is one of the oldest online dating sites, with its first bulletin board system created in 1986.
|Older Singles (35+)*|
Currently, Matchmaker has more than 2 million members, most of which are 35-year-old, educated professionals.
The site offers a variety of features to appeal to its .27 million visitors each month.
Matchmaker.com is one of the few dating sites that has a larger percentage of male members - 51 percent versus 49 percent female users.
- Fast profile set-up allows visitors to try out the site before joining.
- Match suggestions.
- Search through profiles independently and see who is online now.
- Mark favorite profiles and see which members marked you as a favorite.
- Chat rooms.
- Users can use tokens to purchase online gifts for other members.
Ease of Use
Matchmaker.com feels more cluttered than other sites, and it easy to get distracted by the links and ads. While it does take a while to figure out where all the features are located on the page, once you get a feel for the site, navigation becomes easier. The “Matches” tab at the top of the homepage makes it easy for users to find like-minded singles.
The search includes basic and advanced options as well as quick searches by usernames, birthdays, saved profiles and who’s online now. Search results can be filtered by profile, gallery or list view, and users can narrow down results by selecting age range and geographic area. Members can also fill out the “Partner” section of their profile, which has the site find matches for them according to the information provided.
Matchmaker.com’s help page offers numerous support topics and descriptions as well as a list of the top five questions asked by members. In order to contact a customer service representative, users fill out a form that is emailed to the support team. There is no phone support available, but the chat rooms can be another good place to ask other members for assistance.
Pros and Cons
- One of the fastest sign-up processes.
- Paying members receive higher rankings in search results.
- Users can mark their favorite profiles.
- A variety of search options and ways to narrow down results.
- Members can purchase gifts for other members.
- Pricing packages are relatively low.
- Limited details provided in profiles.
- Cluttered site layout.
- Customer service limited to email.
* DatingAdvice.com makes great effort to maintain accurate data for our visitors. However, as certain data may change without notice to us, it is presented as is and without warranty. Visit and gender numbers are based on data provided by third-party websites and are estimates only. Always check current pricing and other terms on a dating site before completing sign-up. Thank you for reading this far, and for visiting DatingAdvice.com. Reviewed by DatingAdvice.com Experts - Jun 5, 2012